right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Bowdoin college chances??

hs2020c2024hs2020c2024 3 replies3 threads New Member
I am thinking of applying ED 2 to Bowdoin. I have about 3.6 GPA and would not send in my SAT scores. I did not take any APs last year, but I am take AP Physics and AP Calc this year (my school only offers 4 APs). I do not have the best grades, I am stronger in English and History and Science, and weaker at Math and Language. I expect my final grades to be As in history, science, and English, and Bs in ap calc and spanish.

Extra Curriculars: *things I have done all four years +
- I help volunteer with open houses and tours at school*
- Apart of yearbook (just joined this year)
- Created a club with the goal to spread random acts of kindness and acceptance (just created this year)
-helped form student wellness committee (created this year)
- Dance 30 hours/wk*
- Volunteer 3 hrs/wk*
- Assist young dance classes 2hrs/wk*
- Teacher assist art at school (just started this year)
- Dance intensive in the summers*
-Work at a summer camp part-time*

I think my essay is pretty good. I have a very unique story and shared that through my essay, but my main point of the essay was again, to show that I am determined, hardworking, and kind, which I think I did very well. I finished my supplements, I think they're okay. I would rate them 7/10 or 8/10.
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Bowdoin college chances??

• DadTwoGirlsDadTwoGirls 5986 replies1 threads Senior Member
    I think that it is a reach. If the NPC shows it as likely to be affordable, then I do not see any harm applying. However, you need to focus on schools where you are likely to get admitted.

Is your 3.6 GPA unweighted or weighted?
    · Reply · Share
  • wisteria100wisteria100 4341 replies48 threads Senior Member
    At an ultra competitive school like Bowdoin, if you apply test optional, the rest of your app needs to be stellar to have a shot of getting in. So I agree that it would be a big reach. No harm in applying unless you are giving up on another ED2 opportunity that presents a true chance of acceptance. It’s a bit about strategy. ED2 at Bowdoin is probably wasting your ED2 option.
    · Reply · Share
  • gardenstategalgardenstategal 6289 replies10 threads Senior Member
    Based on what you have shared, I would not expect you to be accepted. If you love Bowdoin (and who doesn't?!) , apply. But if you want to ED to get an edge and finish the process sooner, you may be better off picking another school.

· Reply · Share