right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Duke RD Class of 2024

wildem613wildem613 21 replies2 threads Junior Member
edited March 23 in Duke University
Just wanted to start a chat for all the RD people applying to Duke! I would've done ED if my family could reasonably pay for Duke, but I have another brother going to college and I can't ask for my parents to take on such a huge financial burden if there was any chance I wouldn't get good aid.

Best of luck to everyone!
edited March 23
356 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Duke RD Class of 2024

• Cookiemonster18Cookiemonster18 8 replies0 threads New Member
    edited December 2019
    Hi! This is my first time posting on here so I’m not totally sure how it works. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to apply ED to a school for the same reasons. I wish I could show Duke how committed I am to the school but it’s hard when applying RD rather than ED. Getting accepted would be a long shot for me either way though so I’m just looking forward to the opportunity to apply to such a great school!
    edited December 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • Cookiemonster18Cookiemonster18 8 replies0 threads New Member
    Does Duke place heavy emphasis on subject test scores? I took two last June but was recommended not to submit them because they are on the low side (660 & 670). I have heard Duke recommends applicants take subject tests so would it be better to submit the low scores or to just not submit them?
    · Reply · Share
  • socaldad2002socaldad2002 2112 replies33 threads Senior Member
    Does Duke place heavy emphasis on subject test scores? I took two last June but was recommended not to submit them because they are on the low side (660 & 670). I have heard Duke recommends applicants take subject tests so would it be better to submit the low scores or to just not submit them?

Here's what Duke says: "We strongly recommend that students who submit only the SAT also submit two subject test scores of their choice (with math recommended for Pratt)."

Either way, I would not submit your SAT subject tests scores because they are low and do not help your application. My D just got accepted to Duke ED and did not submit any subject tests (Math II 680, History 700) but also be aware she submitted the ACT /writing.
    · Reply · Share
  • DianaKangDianaKang 2 replies0 threads New Member
    I am the one who applied for ED and my status have been deferred. Is there any recommendation that I must prepare??
    · Reply · Share
  • wildem613wildem613 21 replies2 threads Junior Member
    For all of those who want to really show Duke your passion: prepare for an interview!!! Honestly, it's the best opportunity for you to show your true passion for the campus, but you want to make sure you have done some research into specific programs that you're interested in :)
    · Reply · Share
  • optimisticbearoptimisticbear 15 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Hey y'all. Got deferred ED so we'll see what happens!
    · Reply · Share
  • Ultra39w85Ultra39w85 167 replies8 threads Junior Member
    Hopefully I get an interview.
    · Reply · Share
    Has anyone got interview offer yet?
    · Reply · Share
    so anxious for decisions!!!!
    · Reply · Share
  • 21socks21socks 4 replies0 threads New Member
    Did anyone get an email about financial aid today? I was wondering if everyone received this.
    · Reply · Share
  • kisaurenkisauren 31 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Yes. I received a financial aid email today as well.
    · Reply · Share
  • CarBarlosCarBarlos 126 replies4 threads Junior Member
    Hey everyone! I submitted my RD on December 20th to comply with the interview deadline. I was wondering if anyone else submitted one for an interview and if they've gotten a email! Thanks and good luck to everyone 😄
    · Reply · Share
  • coco3611coco3611 53 replies0 threads Junior Member
    My son put his application in around December 15. His alumni interviewer contacted him around the 23rd and suggested a few dates from December 26-January 1. He just had the interview today since she was sick for the first date that they set up.
    · Reply · Share
  • tmj2020tmj2020 1 replies0 threads New Member
    My son's admission portal updated and said that he was missing his final transcripts. Does this mean nothing or is it like the Michigan X where it meant an acceptance? Hoping for the latter but expecting the former
    · Reply · Share
  • DrSenioritisDrSenioritis 192 replies4 threads Junior Member
    got an interview and had it this past saturday, it went pretty well. very informal.
    · Reply · Share
  • chb088chb088 1090 replies32 threads Senior Member
    D20 had her interview in December. I think it went well. Of course, I think it has little impact on decisions.
    · Reply · Share
  • wyntersaucewyntersauce 32 replies4 threads Junior Member
    Anyone else have an X next to final year transcript? Got accepted to UMich based on this, lol.
    · Reply · Share
  • kisaurenkisauren 31 replies0 threads Junior Member
    These is an X next to mine, as well as mid year transcript due mid February (our block semester ends in 3 weeks). Is that a good sign?
    · Reply · Share
  • highschooldad1highschooldad1 49 replies0 threads Junior Member
    kisauren wrote: »
    These is an X next to mine, as well as mid year transcript due mid February (our block semester ends in 3 weeks). Is that a good sign?

It means nothing unlike Michigan.
    · Reply · Share
  • luc2020luc2020 11 replies0 threads New Member
    Does anyone know the past release dates for RD? or a prediction for when Duke will come out with RD decisions in 2020?
    · Reply · Share