right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Does every admitted student usually do the optional identity question for Amherst? Did I put myself

goldmidnight7goldmidnight7 105 replies17 threads Junior Member
in a bad place by not doing it?
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Does every admitted student usually do the optional identity question for Amherst? Did I put myself

• izrk02izrk02 Forum Champion American U. 994 replies45 threads Forum Champion
    If you mean the "additional personal information", probably not. You might have missed a vital chance to strengthen your application, but this is one of the few cases in which an "optional question" is actually option.
    · Reply · Share
  • EstherLEstherL 93 replies0 threads Junior Member
    I did the additional personal information, but not the research, because none of my extracurriculars include researches. That wasn’t my direction.
    · Reply · Share
  • TRIPPIEREDD12TRIPPIEREDD12 4 replies0 threads New Member
    I didn't do the additional identity question as I thought I covered everything related to my background in my other supplements. I wouldn't worry too much about it if you covered some aspect of your background in your other essays.
    · Reply · Share
  • Bionome1Bionome1 4 replies0 threads New Member
    edited February 19
    No, as there was nothing more to add. Highly doubt it affects decision.
    edited February 19
    · Reply · Share