right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Cornell RD 2024

Gennabelle1Gennabelle1 10 replies1 threads New Member
I saw no one started a thread yet. I'm very excited about decisions and wondering who got alumni interviews? I didn't and I applied to Dyson. I saw about 50% of applicants to Cornell get one?
481 replies
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Cornell RD 2024

• scottblenderscottblender 1 replies0 threads New Member
    I had one and I applied to CALS.
    · Reply · Share
  • isamongeisamonge 2 replies0 threads New Member
    I had one but I applied to AAP Architecture and they're mandatory
    · Reply · Share
  • CarBarlosCarBarlos 126 replies4 threads Junior Member
    I had an interview around two weeks ago. It wasn't the best interview I had (that honor goes to Princeton), it was still very insightful and intriguing. As a prospective Computer Engineering major, we talked a lot about project teams, which are something that I really like and something that makes that school unique to the other schools I applied to. Keep in mind that were still in interview phase, so you could still be contacted. Even if you don't get one, it doesn't place you in a disadvantage. Either way, I hope you can still snatch one as they're super useful and great practice! Good luck everyone!
    · Reply · Share
  • trumpetmathgeektrumpetmathgeek 96 replies6 threads Junior Member
    I had a phone interview for CAS in January.
    · Reply · Share
  • cya2024cya2024 19 replies1 threads Junior Member
    I had a phone interview for CALS last week, but I don't think we're still in the interview phase because my alumni told me that they had to submit reports on 2/16.
    · Reply · Share
  • kisaurenkisauren 31 replies0 threads Junior Member
    No interview here. Although, we live only 40 minutes away, probably didn’t want to waste an interviewers time, besides having a lot of Cornell alums in my area anyways.

Did get a request for an additional financial form through College Board for Cornell so maybe a good sign?
    · Reply · Share
  • Ismsil0Ismsil0 27 replies0 threads Junior Member
    edited February 21
    Hello, any international here who was asked to complete the Duoling English test, although he or she submitted the IELTS/TOEFL. Btw I have a 7.5 on IELTS.
    edited February 21
    · Reply · Share
  • XtremeBlaze777XtremeBlaze777 159 replies16 threads Junior Member
    I applied to Arts and Sciences and got an interview.
    · Reply · Share
  • h8annahh8annah 410 replies29 threads Member
    I applied to Arts and Sciences (Astronomy) and got an interview. It didn't really go that well, me and the interviewer didn't really click. She asked me for the specifics that I put on my application, which I couldnt remember because it was submitted over a month before the interview. It also seems weird to ask what's on my app, if this is meant to supplement it
    · Reply · Share
  • paigezzpaigezz 43 replies1 threads Junior Member
    I applied to CALS and I had an interview. It went super well, we talked about access to technology and obscure classes at Cornell. My alumni also sent me a followup email (saying "thank you" and answering questions in detail) just hours after the interview.
    · Reply · Share
  • west2east20west2east20 206 replies1 threads Junior Member
    My D applied for Computer Science and had her alum interview Jan26. Ivy Day can’t come soon enough!
    · Reply · Share
  • zrussellzrussell 8 replies1 threads New Member
    has anyone heard anything from SHA?
    · Reply · Share
  • HYPSM2024HYPSM2024 75 replies5 threads Junior Member
    I'm an international student from a country where no alumni are present.
    However, I've received interview offers via Skype from other universities.
    Does not getting an interview by now indicate that all hope is lost for Cornell?
    · Reply · Share
  • highschooldad1highschooldad1 49 replies0 threads Junior Member
    HYPSM2024 wrote: »
    I'm an international student from a country where no alumni are present.
    However, I've received interview offers via Skype from other universities.
    Does not getting an interview by now indicate that all hope is lost for Cornell?

Only college of architecture, arts, and planning and school of hotel administration offer interviews. Also the offer of interviews depends on the availability of alumni. I won’t sweat it.
    · Reply · Share
  • college130college130 38 replies0 threads Junior Member
    My son applied Dyson for business and had in-person interview end of January. Local alumni who graduated in the 90's. He thought it went very well and enjoyed meeting her. I dont if it helps though.
    · Reply · Share
  • XxdreamsXxdreams 104 replies3 threads Junior Member
    Applied ILR got one mid-february. Not many people apply ILR from California and my interviewer went to ILR and said he could count on his hand how many people he interviewed apply out of California to ILR.
    · Reply · Share
  • MaxyieyMaxyiey 23 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Hi. Any updates with SHA?
    · Reply · Share
  • zrussellzrussell 8 replies1 threads New Member
    I just received my acceptance in the mail today. I live in CT
    · Reply · Share
  • h8annahh8annah 410 replies29 threads Member
    There’s no way they’re sending out acceptance letters yet. The Ivy agreement is to release them on Ivy Day, which is March 26.
    · Reply · Share
  • Lazy456Lazy456 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Hotel and ILR send some acceptances before Ivy day
    · Reply · Share