right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Can’t choose

happy113happy113 0 replies1 threads New Member
Hi, so I’m a Pakistani girl from CA. I have to choose between ASU, Penn state, u Denver, and u Oregon + Clark’s. I’m planning on studying bio and then going to med school. Please give me any advice or tips on what to choose. Or just general lesser known info about the schools.
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Can’t choose

• merc81merc81 11800 replies201 threads Senior Member
    edited March 29
    The University of Denver and Clark might represent two of the stronger choices for your interests.
    edited March 29
    · Reply · Share
  • happymomof1happymomof1 30736 replies197 threads Senior Member
    What is your budget? Are all of these equally affordable? It really, truly, is OK to choose the cheapest of these if it will mean that you have money left over to pay for Med School later. Run the numbers here: https://www.finaid.org/calculators/awardletteradvanced.phtml
    · Reply · Share
  • twoinanddonetwoinanddone 24754 replies20 threads Senior Member
    Penn State, U Oregon are big schools and a little harder to get to, especially for international travelers. ASU and U of Denver are in bigger cities.

If finances are the same at all, then you can pick other things like size, location, culture of the school, including sports. Sports are a big deal at ASU, Oregon, and Penn state, a little less so at Denver (lacrosse, hockey, gymnastics are big but no football), and very low key at Clark.
    · Reply · Share