right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Your Good Buy Of The Day

abasketabasket 21307 replies914 threads Senior Member
edited January 2014 in Parent Cafe
I love how you all are making me think thrifty!!!!

Was out doing a little shopping today - yep, using my coupons at the grocery store and at the retail stores.

Thought it would be fun to share good deals we found.

I'll start.

I needed a copy of "The Polar Express" for work. At B and N, in their bargain section, I found a gift set that includes hard cover book, CD, tape and bell ornament (you know, the famous PExpress bell) for $9.98! Members price only $8.98! I thought that was a great deal on a sweet Christmas gift if you're looking to buy for a child (or a grown one :) )

Here's a link to the same online deal - it says limited quantities:

Barnes & Noble.com - Book Search: Bargain, the polar express

So, what's your good buy of the day ????
edited January 2014
11670 replies
Post edited by abasket on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Your Good Buy Of The Day

• rodneyrodney 9267 replies139 threads Senior Member
    $1.87 gallon of gas.....
    · Reply · Share
  • lje62lje62 5517 replies101 threads Senior Member
    I stopped by the semi-local liquor warehouse to pick up some white wine for Thanksgiving cooking...all of the wines were on sale, so I stocked up and bought some Yellow Tail Pinot Grigio and Shiraz for $ 6.09 a bottle..it is usually about $10 so my little find was a happy one. Woodbridge was about the same price.
    · Reply · Share
  • sueinphillysueinphilly 4029 replies178 threads Senior Member
    went to Macy's yesterday.

Got a pair of leather/cashmere lined gloves for my son for $30 (they were 40% off and I had a $10 off $30 purchase coupon)
    · Reply · Share
  • teriwttteriwtt 12019 replies513 threads Senior Member
    started looking at Black Friday ads today, and found a 5x7 digital frame that ordinarily runs $99, that will be $59. Might try to pick up a couple.
    · Reply · Share
  • Lafalum84Lafalum84 7382 replies150 threads Senior Member
    ^^^teriwtt, what store was that? I'd like one of those for Xmas, perhaps I could tell hubby about the "deal."
    · Reply · Share
    Target. Even has a link to a picture of the item.
    · Reply · Share
  • Columbia_StudentColumbia_Student 4999 replies47 threads Senior Member
    $4.99/pound for shelled walnuts(normally $8.99/pound).
    · Reply · Share
  • abasketabasket 21307 replies914 threads Senior Member
    Can you reveal where you find the Black Friday ads???

The last few years I haven't really gone out, but I'm curious....
    · Reply · Share
  • Jolynne SmythJolynne Smyth 2784 replies131 threads Senior Member
    ShopRite is selling Bryer's icecream for $1.98 a 1/2 gallon (with store card & coupon). Deli-sliced turkey for $4.98 a lb (usually $7 a lb).
    · Reply · Share
  • thumper1thumper1 78278 replies3527 threads Senior Member
    Hi Violadad...does the above post really belong with the "as seen on TV" thread?
    · Reply · Share
  • violadadvioladad 6351 replies294 threads Senior Member
    Thanks thumper. Don't know how I managed that one. I've asked the mods to move it.
    · Reply · Share
  • BCEagle91BCEagle91 22635 replies127 threads Senior Member
    Tropicana orange juice has been sky high for several years so we stopped buying it. I wonder if it has followed the price of gasoline down.
    · Reply · Share
  • LongPrimeLongPrime - 5106 replies102 threads Senior Member
    Your visiting richer sister and husband takes you out for a good meal
    · Reply · Share
  • josh5soxjosh5sox 211 replies19 threads Junior Member
    I went to Old Navy and they had a 30% off sale going on and one of the things I got was a cashmere sweater. Originally marked down from 59.50 to 40.00 then it was 26 somethin after the discount. Good deal
    · Reply · Share
  • abasketabasket 21307 replies914 threads Senior Member
    Darn! I wanted one of those cashmere sweaters for my daughter - they weren't on sale at our Old Navy yesterday.....
    · Reply · Share
  • josh5soxjosh5sox 211 replies19 threads Junior Member
    Oh yeah I think it was just men's, but you could've still gotten the 30% coupon thing, I think it was a company-wide thing.
    · Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 41266 replies479 threads Senior Member
    After a day of raking leaves, I went shopping for a couple of hours. The black Calvin Klein pants I really needed were 50% off plus additional 20% off plus I had a coupon, but Macy's was out of size 8! Size 10 fell off my butt. I normally wear a 10 and swear the butt did not get any tinier. However, I got myself a nice warm hat and a pashmina at a local Nordstrom Rack. The pashmina was $29.99, and it did not look any different from the other ones in the same pile that were $59.99 (marked down from $89.99 - who would pay that much for a scarf? :eek:)
    · Reply · Share
    bunsenburner - they wouldn't check another store for you for the pants?
    · Reply · Share
  • HImomHImom 36017 replies396 threads Senior Member
    Went to Old Navy & purchased a tank top with sweetheart neckline for $3.49 - 30%; also purchased a fleece v-neck pullover for $7 and 2 pairs of tank tops for $7. We also got D 20 panties for $37 - 30%. The total was supposed to be about $66 but with the 30% discount it was about $45.

For her birthday, her dad made a smoked turkey dinner last night so tonight we splurged & went out to a very nice restaurant to celebrate. They were having a special for the week - $32 for a 3-course meal. Hubby & I ordered the special & let D order what she wanted to. They gave her a free birthday dessert. The total for the 3 of us including drinks, coffee, appetizers & dessert was under $135. (Normally, it is $35 just for one entre at this restaurant.)
    · Reply · Share