right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

New Hoya Governor

vienna manvienna man 832 replies75 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 907 Member
edited January 2009 in Georgetown University
Pat Quinn, an SFS grad ,was sworn in as Governor of Illinois today. Let us hope he can restore confidence in government in that state.
edited January 2009
5 replies
Post edited by vienna man on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: New Hoya Governor

• necrophiliacnecrophiliac 1046 replies15 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,061 Senior Member
    I am awfully curious- what kind of response are you trying to elicit with that post?
    · Reply · Share
  • eri196eri196 135 replies28 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 163 Junior Member
    i wasnt aware there was a loss of confidence?
    · Reply · Share
  • JR526JR526 139 replies23 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 162 Junior Member
    Wow I didn't even know he was a gtown alum.

Eri, do you live in Illinois? If not, let me tell you, I really do think there has been a loss of confidence in IL government. While Chicago politics have always been a little shady, it's not a good feeling to know that your state elected ANOTHER crook.
    · Reply · Share
  • squaregirlsquaregirl 689 replies16 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 705 Member
    Just as an observer, it seems like there has been a HUGE loss of confidence in Illinois politics of late. The fact that Quinn didn't come out of the Chicago machine is incredibly comforting, and he seems like a cool guy. For me personally, his interest in universal health care is wonderful; here's hoping he will be a strong and a good governor.
    · Reply · Share
  • ModadunnModadunn 6178 replies85 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 6,263 Senior Member
    I don't believe there was any loss of confidence. The history of Illinois is of things getting done and done well in spite of and because of a certain degree of corruption. Believe me, just because the Governor was impeached means little. I do wish him well, but he is just standing on the very tippy top of a very deep iceberg.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity