Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Um.. my dad was kind of rude to the interviewer :|

2»

Replies to: Um.. my dad was kind of rude to the interviewer :|

• oreo45oreo45 Registered User Posts: 404 Member
    After your Brown interview tell us how you thought it went!
  • ShrinkrapShrinkrap Registered User Posts: 11,789 Senior Member
    "Sorry for not wanting to go somewhere that has 30th percentile SAT scores and will ill-prepare me for the MCAT."

The implication was that you didn't want to go to a school with mostly Black people. World this make you a minority there? Do you think being in the minority might be challenging in some ways?Just a little feedback so you don't say things like that to YOUR kids interviewer.

"I'll say "historically black college." There. Is that more politically correct?"

Not just politically correct; I now understand your writing better. And fewer letters /words too!

"A lot of people wouldn't fit in at a HBCU."

Your right about that. But FWIW its went to In HBCU. and did fine on my MCATS, and after that as well.

"oh no she didn't. how was that even rude? SOME people have higher hopes than that"

0h yes she did! But it would be more pc to say DIFFERENT hopes, not HIGHER hopes (jk... not really).

Anyway, best wishes to you. A good friend of mine went to Brown before we ended up in medical school (at an HBCU!) together.
  • xStevenxSteven Registered User Posts: 1,400 Senior Member
    Um, yes, that was the implication. I really want a traditional college experience, and if you lived around this area, you would know where I'm coming from, but whatever. This school isn't comparable to good HBCUs like Morehouse, Spelman, or Howard, regardless.
    @Oreo - it went very well, he acknowledged that I'm "intellectually curious and socially conscious," although, he did say that he finds the idea of 'fit' VERY overrated.
  • oreo45oreo45 Registered User Posts: 404 Member
    You seem to know what you are looking for so fit won't be a problem. Many students don't think it through or know or realize what they need or want to be happy with a college. Good for you!
  • CU4L91CU4L91 Registered User Posts: 214 Junior Member
    ditto with wat z09 said...change it into a positive thing
2»
This discussion has been closed.