right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have identified a log in issue that is preventing some members from accessing the site. The support team is diligently working on resolving it. We hope to have an update soon. Read more here. Thanks for your understanding!

Haas Transfers

daturadatura 10 replies6 threads New Member
edited September 2009 in UC Transfers
I am slightly lost at what I actually have to complete as a haas transfer(and any other prerequisite intensive major). Should I aim for the IGETC certification first, and supplement with the prerequisites listed on assist, or vise-versa?
edited September 2009
17 replies
Post edited by datura on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Haas Transfers

• AMorrisonAMorrison 666 replies9 threads Member
    I was told by a counselor that IGETC should be top priority, then pre-reqs - but ideally, one would get everything done. I do wonder if anyone else had heard a different recommendation?
    · Reply · Share
  • lakerforever24lakerforever24 830 replies57 threads- Member
    I don't know what ^^this guy^^ is talking about....Haas doesn't even follow the IGETC. You have to complete the 7 course breadth requirements instead, along with ALL the Major Requirements. If you are missing one course your application will be tossed. That's why every yr more than 50% of applicants are considered ineligible.
    · Reply · Share
  • AMorrisonAMorrison 666 replies9 threads Member
    I'm female, thanks. Apologies - didn't realize Haas doesn't follow IGETC.
    · Reply · Share
  • CupertinotransfrCupertinotransfr 430 replies12 threads- Member
    I am trying to get into Haas as well. But I have UCLA and USC as backups. So far, I've been working on a plan that will qualify me for all three schools by admission time. So far I think it's doable. Has anyone done this before?
    · Reply · Share
    ^aMorrison i thought u were adam morrison. anyway to cupertino- yes it is doable. i'm applying to all 3 schools as you. (but for ucla im doing pol sci instead of business econ, which i assume u r doing). the 7 course breadth requirements fill in nicely with the IGETC and USC GE. i only need to take one more class b.c of haas (literature class) and one for USC (sociology)
    · Reply · Share
  • pinkerfloydpinkerfloyd 1415 replies71 threads Senior Member
    But I have UCLA and USC as backups.

hah.. backups?
    you're in for a rude awakening..
    · Reply · Share
    @laker - Thanks for the informative response.

@pinker the UCLA defender- Well I had great stats in high school (4.0) and was accepted to USC already. My goal is to go to Haas (which is ultimately the most prestigious of the three). If I don't call UCLA/USC backups (safeties), what should I call them because I feel like I have a good chance of getting in through CCC. haha
    · Reply · Share
  • galbitanggalbitang 115 replies15 threads Junior Member
    @cupertino: are you saying you're applying to UCLA biz/econ as a safety? i believe the UCLA biz/econ program has like a 13% acceptance rate or something. i believe thats why pinker says you're in for a rude awakening.
    · Reply · Share
    the numbers for Bus/Econ at UCLA are pretty damn close to those of Haas.
    people with great stats get turned away all day, you c0cky little n00b.
    · Reply · Share
    Hmm, every transfer I personally know got admitted into UCLA. I guess I was just generalizing. My bad.
    · Reply · Share
    play with this ( University of California: StatFinder ) before you start 'feeling' out your chances.
    · Reply · Share
    I have d00d. You got the "cocky" part of me right. I am too overconfident with acing community college lol.
    · Reply · Share
  • UChopeful2010UChopeful2010 598 replies54 threads Member
    Obviously it would appear to be a bad idea to choose such selective programs as back-up, or safety schools. But if I did it(and I'm probably going to), I would choose more than two, thus increasing you chances of at least getting into one.

I'm assuming, of course, that your stats are above the average of those admitted, otherwise it may not be a good idea at all.
    · Reply · Share
    lol @ koreanbbq saying haas (6%) and ucla biz econ (13%) is the same.
    · Reply · Share
  • collegebosscollegeboss 410 replies27 threads- Member
    Bus/Econ UCLA is not a back-up. lol
    A solid back-up is UCSB or something.

In any case, the best mindset would be to see it as a win-win.
    EITHER WAY, I WIN.
    thats where I'm coming from
    · Reply · Share
  • keekeekeekee 36 replies9 threads Junior Member
    Is it ridiculous transferring from ucsd to haas? I really want to go to Haas but I heard it's hard to transfer among ucs...whAt should I do?
    · Reply · Share
  • UChopeful2010UChopeful2010 598 replies54 threads Member
    I just ran the numbers on UC statfinder. For 2007-2008, 168 students were admitted out of a pool of 609 applicants. (These are the numbers for UC to Berkeley) That percentage is consistent for a three year stretch, starting in 2005. Also, about 50% of the applicants from a UC with a GPA between 3.6-3.8 were admitted.

Based on those numbers, it does not seem as difficult to get accepted to Berkeley from another UC as many on this board make it appear to be.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity