Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Finacial Aid

fks1989fks1989 Registered User Posts: 105 Junior Member
edited January 2008 in Drexel University
Does anyone know what the avg. non-need based aid gives? I've been looking around on the internet and I cant find it posted anywhere.
Post edited by fks1989 on

Replies to: Finacial Aid

• liberateliberate Registered User Posts: 390 Member
    I don't know much, but I was accepted as a "Dean's Scholar" which included a $11,500 per year scholarship. They have a couple levels of scholarships including Presidential Scholarship (full), A.J. Drexel Scholarship up to $26k), etc.

According to the Financial Aid packet they sent me, the average financial assistance package offered is $16,700.

Hope this helps.
  • fks1989fks1989 Registered User Posts: 105 Junior Member
    Yea that is a big help, thanx alot man. How long did it take for you to hear from them after you got all of your app. materials in??
  • liberateliberate Registered User Posts: 390 Member
    They're pretty damn fast. They were missing my transcript for about three weeks, but once I got it in, it only took them about another two weeks to send out the decision.
    IDK mine has been out since mid November, i still haven't heard anything, hopefully soon.....
    Also, Does anyone know what percent of students receive non-need based aid??
  • rondafayerondafaye Registered User Posts: 97 Junior Member
    My son got the full tuition scholarship. I have a strong suspicion he will attend.
    haha, ya i think that i would definitly be attending also. Especially since Drexel is my #1 Choice
This discussion has been closed.