Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Prospective transfer student....strange situation.

rblace87rblace87 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
I am currently looking into transferring to Drexel (Westphal to be more descriptive) starting in the Fall of 08 for Graphic Design. Right now I am finishing out my final semester at Bucks Community and I am graduating this May with my Associates Degree. This past December I snagged my first job as a Graphic Designer with an amazing company that I have huge potential to grow with. My issue is that I work full-time, Monday-Friday, 8-5 and because of this schedule, it doesn't leave me much options as far as attending school on a normal basis. I know some classes are potentially offered online but as far as studio classes go, that, for obvious reasons, is not an option. My first question is, is there a lot of evening options as far as classes go? I will be commuting from Northeast Philly more than likely during rush hour, so any classes before 5 PM will not work. Also, I observed on the website that a few majors such as Architecture offer a part-time option but Graphic Design does not offer this. Does this mean that I can not take any less than the full-time required amount of classes at a time? Quitting my job is my last and final option and even that seems pretty bleak due to my financial standings. Any insight on this situation would be extremely helpful.
This discussion has been closed.