Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

SJU vs Drexel

bdog9121bdog9121 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
edited April 2010 in Drexel University
I would just like to here some comparisons between the two schools. I will be majoring in Math, so if any one could compare the two math depeartments that would be great. Thanks.
Post edited by bdog9121 on

Replies to: SJU vs Drexel

• btw3006btw3006 Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    I saw both and Saint Joseph's has more of a campus and for basketball, they have a lot of school spirit. It's in a suburban area, but can get right to philadelphia. Saint Joseph's university also is smaller and you will definitely get smaller classes.
    Drexel has an alright campus, but is a little bit more scattered. Drexel also has a co-op program where you can get up to 1 1/2 years of work experience and it's right next to UPenn and is right in philly
    I think that you should visit both universities and ask yourself whether you want to be right in a city, or do you want to have more of a campus and be able to go right into the city. At the end of the day, it's about what you want.
  • TUOwls2011TUOwls2011 - Posts: 728 Member
    Neither would be worth it without a significant scholarship.
  • P JAMISONP JAMISON Registered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
    To TUOWL: Why not?
  • TUOwls2011TUOwls2011 - Posts: 728 Member
    Because the education you receive is not better than most state schools. If money is not an issue, and you truly want to go there, by all means go ahead, but neither school is worth loans/debt.
  • jerseyTjerseyT Registered User Posts: 192 Junior Member
    Definitely Drexel.

More prestige, co-op, higher admissions standards, and in Philly
This discussion has been closed.