Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance me for transfer admission please!

NYCboundNYCbound Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
Here is my background:

I graduated HS in 1998, went to early college as a senior in HS. Due to family and personal reasons, I withdrew and my gpa plummeted to 1.56. I moved around a bit and worked in a lot of top worldwide law firms. I have 13 years experience.

I moved back to my home state of Utah to finish school, but I want to be back east again and eventually go to law school. I have previously lived in DC and Philadelphia.

During this year in college since I have returned, I have a 3.85 cum gpa. This semester I am going full time and currently have all A's. I will have an A.S. in General Studies from the cc I am attending currently.

I am planning on majoring in Finance, minor in english/creative writing or literature. I plan to then go on to law school.

I have counselor recommendations, great teacher recommendations and LOR's from top attorneys I have worked for. My essays are shaping to be pretty good as well, should be good with a couple more revisions.

Do I have a chance of getting in? And do I have any kind of chance at merit aid?

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.