right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Duke RD Class of 2024

Replies to: Duke RD Class of 2024

• Ismsil0Ismsil0 27 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Also gone, and did not have an interview. I'm an international.
    · Reply · Share
  • egellocnoosegellocnoos 41 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @ohnoitsme did you have an interview?
    · Reply · Share
  • karen0karen0 183 replies31 threads Junior Member
    Gone for my DD, she did have interview but we live in a big city with lots of alumni.
    · Reply · Share
  • Mcckam809Mcckam809 12 replies8 threads Junior Member
    Gone for my DS as well..no interview. Also suddenly looking like he is missing financial aid documents when before it was checked....strange....
    · Reply · Share
  • Mcckam809Mcckam809 12 replies8 threads Junior Member
    Good luck to all
    · Reply · Share
  • ohnoitsmeohnoitsme 194 replies2 threads Junior Member
  • OverseasFatherOverseasFather 135 replies1 threads Junior Member
    @egellocnoos Spoke to someone at Duke, she said that the portal is turned off at this stage of the process, and that only the Financial Aid portal still remains open. She also said that they are done with the interviews and if you haven't received one. Regarding submitting an additional recommendation letter, she said you could, but not to count on it being reviewed at this late stage.
    · Reply · Share
  • tanag123413242tanag123413242 29 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Hey, I'm super-nervous.
    Can anyone chance me?
    Pratt Computer Science
    Int'l Student from India, applied for Financial Aid
    1420 SAT, 88.4% expected CBSE Board Percentage
    SAT Subject: Math2: 800, Physics:790
    AP CS A: 4
    EXTRACURRICULARS
    1. Paid intern at a startup: taught coding online for about 6 months
    2. Supported Ministry of Railways with one of their meets
    3. Founded the Editorial Club at my previous school
    4. Taught at an NGO for two years
    5. Got a scholarship by Coursera in Deep Learning
    6.Was State rank 11 and top 100 nationally at an informatics olympiad (india's population is about 1.2 bn, so this is good considering there are a lot of students competing)
    7. Awards at Multiple MUNs
    8. Others were not any special
    LOR: Computer Science Teacher, Math Teacher (also happens to be the school principal) , English Teacher at Previous School, Employer. Enjoyed a good rep with all of them so shall be good.
    · Reply · Share
  • kisaurenkisauren 31 replies0 threads Junior Member
    No interview here as well.

Did receive an email from College Board saying Duke is requesting more tax return info and forms to sign. Not sure if that is a good sign?
    · Reply · Share
  • jfuture30jfuture30 7 replies0 threads New Member
    I got an email inviting me to Duke’s Black Student Alliance Invitational on March 29-29. I’m pretty sure this means I’m accepted, but what do you guys think.
    · Reply · Share
  • coco3611coco3611 53 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @Jfuture30 I’m not sure, but it sounds promising!
    · Reply · Share
  • DrSenioritisDrSenioritis 193 replies4 threads Junior Member
    @jfuture30 yes that means you’re in!! congrats!
    · Reply · Share
  • jfuture30jfuture30 7 replies0 threads New Member
    thanks! Did anyone else get this email??
    · Reply · Share
  • throwaway0324throwaway0324 114 replies3 threads Junior Member
    i didn't write the "diversity" supp so im already rejected lmao idk why im here
    · Reply · Share
    @throwaway0324 if you're talking about the one regarding sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression, I know someone who didn't write that one who got in. If you're talking about the one regarding perspectives/experiences related to your culture/community, then I believe most people can think of something to write about for that one.
    · Reply · Share
    @ohnoitsme it was the culture/community one, i addressed that really thoroughly in my common app and anything else i tried to write just sounded fake and contrived so i decided to leave it blank lol
    · Reply · Share
    @throwaway0324 That makes sense! I doubt you'll be at a disadvantage then.
    · Reply · Share
  • catm25catm25 2 replies0 threads New Member
    edited February 24
    @jfuture30 I also received that email! Does getting an invite to BSAI for sure mean an acceptance?
    edited February 24
    · Reply · Share
  • tanag123413242tanag123413242 29 replies1 threads Junior Member
    edited February 24
    Hey, I'm super-nervous.
    Can anyone chance me?
    Pratt Computer Science
    Int'l Student from India, applied for Financial Aid
    1420 SAT, 88.4% expected CBSE Board Percentage
    SAT Subject: Math2: 800, Physics:790
    AP CS A: 4
    EXTRACURRICULARS
    1. Paid intern at a startup: taught coding online for about 6 months
    2. Supported Ministry of Railways with one of their meets
    3. Founded the Editorial Club at my previous school
    4. Taught at an NGO for two years
    5. Got a scholarship by Coursera in Deep Learning
    6.Was State rank 11 and top 100 nationally at an informatics olympiad (india's population is about 1.2 bn, so this is good considering there are a lot of students competing)
    7. Awards at Multiple MUNs
    8. Others were not any special
    LOR: Computer Science Teacher, Math Teacher (also happens to be the school principal) , English Teacher at Previous School, Employer. Enjoyed a good rep with all of them so shall be good.

Can anyone please follow up on that?
    I also emailed Duke updating them about a book I'm currently working on. It would talk about certain philosophical ideas through a scientific theory and do a bit of social commentary. I haven't received any response from them yet but hope they would have added that to my application.
    Also, I read on the website that those who submitted the application before 20 December are guaranteed an interview, so I guess it's okay if I didn't get one since I applied after that date.
    edited February 24
    · Reply · Share
    Hey guys! I applied before Dec 20 (applied in the end of November) but I didn’t get an interview...
    People from my school have gotten in before, I’m not sure if they got interviews or not though
    · Reply · Share