right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Lily Wuerth will be live on our Instagram page today at 3pm ET to talk about how she used extracurriculars to get into Georgia Tech. ASK HER ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Duke Waitlist 2024

MommaBugMommaBug 23 replies1 threads Junior Member
edited April 2 in Duke University
I didn't see a waitlist thread for Duke 2024 yet, so I thought I would start one. Daughter waitlisted and would love to attend.
edited April 2
127 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Duke Waitlist 2024

• wjo285wjo285 3 replies0 threads New Member
    Waitlisted and would love to attend Duke as well. There's definitely a shot, but make sure your daughter knows that she will get a fantastic education wherever she commits by May 1.
    · Reply · Share
  • MommaBugMommaBug 23 replies1 threads Junior Member
    She definitely will! She's prepared to commit elsewhere, but is still hoping for a shot at being a Blue Devil. Best of luck to you.
    · Reply · Share
  • LuvbadgersLuvbadgers 23 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Daughter declined her Duke spot and will enroll somewhere else so hopefully this will help someone.
    · Reply · Share
  • TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston 15719 replies1051 threads Senior Member
    A few years ago Duke put more students on the waitlist than they accepted. But this is not a normal year so who knows.
    · Reply · Share
  • coco3611coco3611 53 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Does anyone know when they start sending out waitlist acceptances?
    · Reply · Share
  • TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston 15719 replies1051 threads Senior Member
    @coco3611 It would depend on how many enrolment deposits they recieve and when. Thay may not accept any off the waitlist if the yield is high.
    · Reply · Share
  • sunnyboundsunnybound 6 replies0 threads New Member
    Has anyone heard anything about the waitlist lately?
    · Reply · Share
  • wkknc5wkknc5 49 replies4 threads Junior Member
    nada on waitlist!
    · Reply · Share
  • dgjb1234dgjb1234 17 replies0 threads Junior Member
    my daughter's AO told her no Duke waitlist discussions take place until after May 1, so I wouldn't expect to hear anything for a couple weeks. I know some universities are going to the waitlist already, but that does not seem to be Duke's timeline.
    · Reply · Share
  • strawbri13strawbri13 21 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Hey! I’m on the waitlist for Duke (and Harvard!). Someone from Duke has been emailing my dad about some financial aid documentation (they needed a 1099) and said they “would be able to process [my] financial aid award soon”... But Duke doesn’t even tell waitlisted applicants what financial aid they qualify for until they get in. My dad seems to think the wording might be significant, but I’m really not sure. Does anyone have any ideas? Should I even get my hopes up?
    · Reply · Share
    @strawbri13 it certainly seems positive - don't know why they'd be bothering with financial aid otherwise.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they "went to their list" prior to 5/1 despite standard messaging. They did so last year when things were far more normal. Who knows though!
    · Reply · Share
    edited April 17
    I also noticed on last year's forum people were getting pulled before May 1. I think you may be right that there should be movement prior this year for sure.
    edited April 17
    · Reply · Share
  • jkjkjk7jkjkjk7 14 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Has anyone heard anything new?
    · Reply · Share
  • coco3611coco3611 53 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Both Notre Dame and UVA have gone to wait lists far earlier than last year.
    · Reply · Share
    That's a good sign. Based on last year's forum, Duke made their first notification of April 27.
    · Reply · Share
  • jkjkjk7jkjkjk7 14 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Has anyone heard anything?
    · Reply · Share
    Not yet. Daughter has been refreshing all day.
    · Reply · Share
  • eashwar1eashwar1 15 replies0 threads Junior Member
    I emailed my admissions officer with a waitlist update, and she said that they won't go to the waitlist until after May 1st.
    · Reply · Share
    Was it their standard email reply that gets sent back or was it personalized? I am surprised given they went to the waitlist before May last year. but maybe there a yield is much better than other schools!
    · Reply · Share