Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Interviews for RD?

1235»

Replies to: Interviews for RD?

• princeton24601princeton24601 Registered User Posts: 151 Junior Member
    ^^ wow thats so weird i was asked those same questions (and many more). must be a sheet of questions duke gives interviewers. however, does anyone think its a good sign if i'm one of the people who submitted my app way after the Dec 10 deadline but still got an interview?? i dunno, but that just seemed like a good sign to me....
  • kinly07kinly07 Registered User Posts: 110 Junior Member
    ^ i was wondering about that too. My interview is today, which is really late i think. Does this mean anything, or is it just that the alums didnt have time to interview me until now?
  • Weasel8488Weasel8488 Registered User Posts: 2,747 Senior Member
    does anyone think its a good sign if i'm one of the people who submitted my app way after the Dec 10 deadline but still got an interview??

I think it probably has more to do with availability than anything else.
  • sum33thsum33th Registered User Posts: 135 Junior Member
    remember the duke interview knows absolutely NOTHING besides your name, name of high school, phone number, etc.
  • namooangelnamooangel Registered User Posts: 71 Junior Member
    my interview was 4 hours long! (at hometown buffet, we had lunch together)

it was an awesome interview. i definitely learned a lot. he was very interesting and we had many things in common. i really hope that the interviews do count for a portion of admissions. i feel it was one of my best interviews.

my interviewer went to duke, harvard, and then got his Ph D in scotland.

what was surprising was that he knew what i put for my choices for my major. i put environ science, religion, chemistry, and history and he specifically wanted to know why.

so i think they know more than our name, high school, phone number etc.
  • bandmombandmom Registered User Posts: 236 Junior Member
    You're right. Interviewers know your name, high school, contact information, what school you applied to (Trinity or Pratt), Early or Regular Decision, and areas of interest that were expressed on your application. Nothing more unless you share it with them.
  • app2011app2011 Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
    I was really surprised to get an interview at Duke... I sent my application in the first week of January and thought I was well past the deadline. They emailed me a few weeks later and I just had my interview last week.

The same thing happened at Georgetown, I applied on the deadline (January 10) thinking I had missed the date for interviews, and was emailed a few weeks later and had it a week ago too.

It's great, but do these interview deadlines not really mean much?
  • llabesab16llabesab16 Registered User Posts: 287 Junior Member
    I sent in the required documents before December 10, and I live in North Carolina, and I still have not been contacted by them.
  • bandmombandmom Registered User Posts: 236 Junior Member
    Duke advises students who would like an interview (and submitted Part A by deadline) yet have not been contacted my February 1st to submit an interview request. This is from their website: "If you submitted Form A of your application by the appropriate deadline and have not been contacted by November 10 (for Early Decision) or February 1 (for Regular Decision), please click here to submit an interview request form. Here is the web page:
    "http://www.admissions.duke.edu/jump/applying/apply_interviews.asp

Hope this helps. Sometimes there just aren't alumni in the area or there may have been a problem contacting you. It would be a good idea to follow up.
    Good luck!
  • BrookeCBrookeC Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I applied before the deadline AND have submitted a request form and I still have not been contacted :(

anyone else in my position?
1235»
This discussion has been closed.