Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

GPA first semester

Super5ParentSuper5Parent Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
edited January 2007 in Duke University
Is Duke hard? What was your GPA for first semester and what are you majoring in?
Post edited by Super5Parent on

Replies to: GPA first semester

• loveduke22loveduke22 Registered User Posts: 1,284 Senior Member
    Check for a PM...
  • OSUforMEOSUforME Registered User Posts: 563 Member
    also sent in a PM...

Id say Duke is hard, but doable
  • twinkletoes23twinkletoes23 Registered User Posts: 818 Member
    hey can u guys send a pm to me too? I'll be a Dukie next year, and I just want to know how hard it is. Oh yeah, can you tell me what AP classes you took and what grades u got in those classes and your class rank and then your Duke GPA. Thanks!
  • we're_going_down_swingingwe're_going_down_swinging Registered User Posts: 418 Member
    me, too...I'm in the same boat as twinkletoes23. You don't have to list the APs for me, I'm just interested in your GPA and major/school. Thanks a bunch!
  • paniwanipaniwani Registered User Posts: 289 Junior Member
    me too if you don't mind
  • CoolaTroopaCoolaTroopa . Posts: 1,170 Senior Member
    As someone also part of Duke Class of '11, I would be interested in this information, if you don't mind.. thanks in advance!
  • genius1639genius1639 Registered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
    can you pm me to please?
  • andrw313andrw313 Registered User Posts: 701 Member
    Ditto por favor!!
  • twinkletoes23twinkletoes23 Registered User Posts: 818 Member
    haha you can tell you're a duke student when...

you're already worried about your college GPA even though college hasn't started

:)
  • OSUforMEOSUforME Registered User Posts: 563 Member
    Since you guys don't know who I am and lots of people are curious, I'll just post it here: (if you guys have any questions, just PM me)

I was expecting a 3.5 and was very lucky and ended up with a 4.0.

Im in Pratt:
    schedule:
    math 103
    chem 23
    econ 55
    Egr 53

I really did not expect a 4.0... I partied on Wed, Fri, and Saturday nights and while I worked pretty hard the rest of the time, I never expected all As. My exams carried me, and brought both chem and math to an A.

Honestly, I thought EGR 53 was really easy (nice job Dr. G), econ was decent, and I felt chem and math were pretty difficult (partly due to curve and competition with premeds).

I was prepared for and satisfied with a 3.5 and didnt think anything of it. There is no grade inflation at Duke as far as I can tell and courses (esp at the intro level) are weed out courses.

I hope this helps. First semester was a ton of fun, and I wouldnt place grades over having fun, although your parents wont agree.
  • SBRSBR Registered User Posts: 2,780 Senior Member
    Wow we had the same classes except for econ this semester. I took Chinese 170 instead.
This discussion has been closed.