right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

ECU Honors College and EC Scholars Class of 2024

twinmommytwinmommy 127 replies1 threads Junior Member
Just starting a thread for updates on acceptances at the end of the month. Could any students from last year tell me exactly when you received your Honors College letter or your EC Scholar letter?
75 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: ECU Honors College and EC Scholars Class of 2024

• MBNC1755MBNC1755 255 replies1 threads Junior Member
    My D20 is waiting to hear too. Looks like last year's first letter was received on Jan 22nd but most received them on Jan 28th and on. Fingers crossed for everyone!
    · Reply · Share
  • twinmommytwinmommy 127 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Was it a physical letter last year??
    · Reply · Share
    From reports I read it was a physical mailed letter which is why I think the school lists a targeted notification date.
    January 31, 2020: Targeted notification date for Honors College admission decisions and finalist decisions for EC Scholars and Early Assurance Programs.
    · Reply · Share
  • ITBgirlITBgirl 472 replies12 threads Member
    My son applied to HC and nothing yet. My daughter was HC and Early Assurance and had to interview, I guess there not interviews for just HC? I can't remember.

Good luck to all.
    · Reply · Share
    We were told interviews are for EC Scholars and EA
    · Reply · Share
    Honors college letters should arrive today I have informed mail delivery and it shows one envelope for each of my D arriving today.
    · Reply · Share
    Twinmommy- Are you close to the school? Trying to gauge mail times for different parts of the state...

· Reply · Share
    we live about an hour or so from ecu but mail from there usually takes one to two days for us
    · Reply · Share
    Thank you! We live further out and our mail is always delayed (seriously- from everywhere) by a day or two.

BTW just signed up for informed delivery. (Thanks for mentioning!) Maybe now our mail will arrive on time.
    · Reply · Share
  • aksinghaksingh 8 replies1 threads New Member
    Just got my Honors College letter in the mail!
    · Reply · Share
    Congrats!
    · Reply · Share
  • millongmillong 30 replies0 threads Junior Member
    I called the Honors College and was told they were sent out in batches this week. Good Luck to everyone!
    · Reply · Share
  • twokids2gotwokids2go 114 replies5 threads Junior Member
    Informed delivery says my daughter's is coming today as well. Unfortunately, she's out of the state until Sunday.
    · Reply · Share
  • millongmillong 30 replies0 threads Junior Member
    For all you guys that can see your Honors College letter on Informed Delivery: is it a small or large envelope? I'm just wondering if it is like admission decisions, where they say a small letter is bad news and a large one is good? But maybe either way it would just be a regular envelope? I know.. I'm completely over analyzing this! My son got deferred to regular admission for NC State today, and I'm so worried that an ECU Honors College rejection tomorrow would just be more salt on the wound. Trying to prepare myself!
    · Reply · Share
  • twokids2gotwokids2go 114 replies5 threads Junior Member
    Well, my daughter's letter didn't come today after all. It looks like a small envelope on Informed Delivery. She really wants the smaller environment that the Honors College would hopefully provide. I guess we'll wait and see if it arrives tomorrow.
    · Reply · Share
    With the Honors College invite has anyone heard about EC Scholars? I highly doubt my D20 will make it to selection Sunday but thought I would see what everyone is hearing. Good luck all!
    · Reply · Share
  • croaswifecroaswife 85 replies4 threads Junior Member
    @twinmommy that is interesting as I think we are both in Wake County. Only one of my twins applied for ECU Honors but I don't see anything coming in our informed delivery.
    · Reply · Share
    @croaswife yes we are in wake county. We received both honors college letters yesterday.
    · Reply · Share
  • croaswifecroaswife 85 replies4 threads Junior Member
    @twinmommy thanks. Is there an HC decision in their portal as well? We have had many issues with USPS in our neighborhood. It would be nice to have another way to know in case the mail goes missing.
    · Reply · Share
  • ITBgirlITBgirl 472 replies12 threads Member
    We are in Wake and no letter Friday. Son also got deferred from NCSU so I was hoping for good news, not that he wanted to go to State, but he wanted to get in.
    · Reply · Share