right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, Student Voices - vol. 3, and Student Voices - vol. 4 eBooks NOW!
PARENTS4PARENTS: With the deadlines for ED/EA coming up shortly, thumper1 and happymomof1 will be answering questions and sharing their tips on how to build your college list. ASK THEM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our October Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

RD results

rejected101rejected101 15 replies2 threads New Member
edited March 2011 in Elon University
We're expecting our decisions March 15th
Let's post them here!
edited March 2011
29 replies
Post edited by rejected101 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: RD results

• IndianaBrianIndianaBrian 18 replies0 threads New Member
    I applied Early Action for Elon. I was deferred in Mid December and just got the call today that I had been accepted. I am going to High Point University instead though because of the scholarship I got from there.
    · Reply · Share
  • nyuhopeful11nyuhopeful11 89 replies9 threads Junior Member
    So nervous to check my email tomorrow!
    · Reply · Share
  • superghumansuperghuman 246 replies24 threads Junior Member
    Nyuhopeful- check ontrack first. I checked ontrack at like 5 in the morning and it was updated. I didn't get my email until 4 or 5 in the afternoon.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
    · Reply · Share
  • mspears8mspears8 64 replies10 threads Junior Member
    Nothing on my ontrack yet and no emails :( deferred from EA in december.... Last time results were posted at midnight
    · Reply · Share
  • redskins1993redskins1993 121 replies12 threads Junior Member
    in! deferred in december
    1870 sat
    3.3 UW 3.9 W
    football
    · Reply · Share
  • VloriaVloria 283 replies25 threads Member
    I got accepted.
    4.0 UW
    Salutatorian
    · Reply · Share
  • samjg93samjg93 14 replies3 threads New Member
    i got accepted!
    · Reply · Share
  • mspears8mspears8 64 replies10 threads Junior Member
    Waitlisted... Good thing I'm already committed to my top choice
    · Reply · Share
  • marbles44marbles44 64 replies8 threads Junior Member
    D Accepted EA.
    2 AP's
    NHS
    4.2 GPA
    29 ACT
    1950 SATS
    Newspaper Editor
    Community Service Orgs.
    Many EC's

Waiting on financial aid info. and decisions from other schools as well!
    · Reply · Share
  • UsernameofmeganUsernameofmegan 22 replies11 threads New Member
    I was accepted!!!! I was originally deferred in December, which was a heart breaker.
    Here are my stats!
    3.95 UW GPA
    1900 SAT
    5th in class
    5 APs, all the rest honors
    National Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society, Tri-M Music Honor Society (President), Volleyball (captain), School Ambassadors, musician, active in community service.

I am not sure why I was deferred, but hey, I GOT IN! Fingers crossed for decent financial aid!
    · Reply · Share
  • redeyeswildtyperedeyeswildtype 6 replies0 threads New Member
    I have a 2240 SAT and top 5% in my class, and I was waitlisted and offered spring admission...does that seem weird?
    · Reply · Share
  • BLK616BLK616 93 replies5 threads Junior Member
    Yes, it does. If you're still interested, why don't you call your admissions person and gently ask. They'll need to know if you want to stay on the waiting list anyway. If Elon is really where you want to go, take heart, my daughter got the same result and then (after reconfirming her strong interest) got a call in May telling her she was in for the fall semester.
    · Reply · Share
  • spcampbell1spcampbell1 48 replies15 threads Junior Member
    Accepted lets go!
    · Reply · Share
  • rockvillemomrockvillemom 6941 replies184 threads Senior Member
    redeye - did you visit Elon? Have you met your admissions rep - either on campus or at your hs? I agree with BLK that a calm phone conversation is in order - I find your decision puzzling - unless you never showed any interest and live within a few hours of campus. I was told at an info session that things like the essay and ECs are about 25% of the decision - any thoughts on those?
    3.73 UW, Top 5%, 2240 CR/M/W, 1440 CR/M
    Some aditional stats you posted on another thread - I'm very surprised by the decision.
    · Reply · Share
  • kmontgomerykmontgomery 2 replies3 threads New Member
    i was deferred in December and now I'm wait-listed :(
    1960 SAT and 3.74 weighted GPA (school is very competitive)
    still surprised that I didn't get in either of the times.
    i think my essay was good and I have a lot of ECs (volunteering)
    · Reply · Share
  • luckydogluckydog 92 replies0 threads Junior Member
    My D was accepted EA in December and rec'd. the financial aid pkt. last week. Wonder why others haven't rec'd. theirs yet?
    · Reply · Share
  • schlagowskyschlagowsky 176 replies11 threads Junior Member
    Did she participate in Fellows weekend?
    · Reply · Share
  • rockvillemomrockvillemom 6941 replies184 threads Senior Member
    luckydog - do you mind if I ask how the FA pkg was? Trying to get a sense of what Elon offers.
    · Reply · Share
  • samjg93samjg93 14 replies3 threads New Member
    I heard for most schools that if you get waitlisted you need to take action and make the school think that even though you got waitlisted you are still extremely interesting and want to go to their school.
    · Reply · Share
  • hohumhohum 156 replies9 threads Junior Member
    Yes, visiting or communicating with Elon makes a difference. My friend was deferred EA but visited a few weeks ago, met the admissions rep, and just got in. Stats are 3.6 GPA UW, 1810 SAT, good ECs with leadership positions. They have so many applicants, they need to know you're seriously considering attending.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity