right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

In an exclusive AMA for College Confidential, Gaelle Pierre-Louis, a former college admissions officer, reveals surprising insights on the elite college application process. ASK HER ANYTHING!
PARENTS4PARENTS: With the deadlines for ED/EA coming up shortly, thumper1 and happymomof1 will be answering questions and sharing their tips on how to build your college list. ASK THEM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our October Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, and Student Voices - vol. 3 eBooks NOW!

What made you choose Elon?

navadanavada 1 replies4 threads New Member
edited April 2011 in Elon University
Post your stories about how you knew and when you realized that Elon was the school for you!
edited April 2011
3 replies
Post edited by navada on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What made you choose Elon?

• Lafalum84Lafalum84 7382 replies150 threads Senior Member
    I will post for my daughter, who is a very happy Elon freshman.

She knew almost right away that Elon was for her. She loved the size and the location. Also she is a do-er who loves hands-on type learning, so she was very attracted to Elon's "engaged learning" style. She applied ED and was accepted.

(Personally, I think it was the first time we drove up to campus, it was about 9pm on a summer night and the fountains were lit up and running. I really think it was the fountains that stole her heart!)
    · Reply · Share
  • rodneyrodney 9267 replies139 threads Senior Member
    like lafalum's daughter, mine knew that Elon was her #1 as soon as she stepped on campus...

she is an entering freshman for the fall......apart from her visit, she knew she wanted a school with an engaged teaching approach, exact size of Elon....

Applied ED and was accepted; can't wait to go!!
    · Reply · Share
  • filmmom123filmmom123 16 replies1 threads New Member
    I will post for my son, who is very happy at Elon. He knew that it was the place for him when a professor giving him a personal tour of the Communications School stopped and greeted every passing student by name. Students were happy going to class. We then looked at 5 other schools in 3 states - just to be sure. He couldn't have made a better decision. It was everything he hoped for - and more. Elon kids are engaged in classes and very busy with EC's. Classes are just part of the Elon experience.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity