right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Early Decision Admission Rate

ntk131998ntk131998 320 replies37 threads Member
Im a junior in high school and was looking at the common data set for 2013 for Elon.

I noticed that for ED they had 484 applications and they let in 411.

These seems VERY high, I was wondering if anyone could speak to this?

Thanks!
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Early Decision Admission Rate

• rockvillemomrockvillemom 6941 replies184 threads Senior Member
    Yes - Elon historically has about an 80%+ ED acceptance rate. I'm not sure exactly what info you are looking for - it is what it is.
    · Reply · Share
  • ntk131998ntk131998 320 replies37 threads Member
    @rockvillemom‌ , thank you for clarifying!! Sorry, I should have been more clear. I guess I was just surprised and was wondering if anyone could explain the reasoning behind it for me.

· Reply · Share
  • rockvillemomrockvillemom 6941 replies184 threads Senior Member
    It is unusually high. Colleges use ED to help ensure they hit their target for the size of the incoming freshman class. Students who apply ED and are accepted are expected to attend. So - enrollment management is one factor. I think Elon likes having students who love Elon and are willing to apply ED - kind of a win-win. I think they have addressed it in the past on the admissions blog.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity