right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Lots of freshmen

Elonmom2011Elonmom2011 2 replies1 threads New Member
edited August 2008 in Elon University
It seems Elon continues to become more desirable to attend. My son, who will be a sophomore, was contacted by the university and asked if he would be willing to move from his housing in Danieley to an off-campus apartment that would be paid through the regular student housing payment. The school is also providing the standard dorm furniture for their bedrooms. The email to him, and I assume all Elon students, said that they needed more housing for incoming freshmen. Did they have more students accept their offer of admission than they anticipated? My son and his friends (8 were going to be in the Daniely housing) took the off-campus housing and will be split into 2 groups of 4, each with private bedrooms and baths. Does anyone know how many freshmen are in the incoming class? Have they done this in the past or are more students choosing Elon? I hope so - it is a great school!
edited August 2008
5 replies
Post edited by Elonmom2011 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Lots of freshmen

• rhyrhy 92 replies8 threads Junior Member
    I am meting with the one of the admission people this weekend and will ask what is going on. I know some came off the wait list, so I am not sure what is going on.
    · Reply · Share
  • lderochilderochi 1968 replies67 threads Senior Member
    Yes, my S got the same e-mail. I think that as Elon becomes more popular, it has become more difficult for Elon to estimate yield. But if they have people coming off the wait list, that doesn't make sense. The private apt. sounded very nice, but my S decided to stay in HBB.
    · Reply · Share
  • JustAMomOf4JustAMomOf4 4425 replies138 threads Senior Member
    My daughter, who was waitlisted, got an email on June 30th when they released the waitlist.
    It indicated that 1308 deposited for a class of 1275 and they were unable to admit anyone off the waitlist. She was invited to apply as a transfer.

If any came off - it would have been very few, perhaps for special programs and probably in late April or early May.
    · Reply · Share
  • Elonmom2011Elonmom2011 2 replies1 threads New Member
    JustAMomof4, I'm sorry to hear your D didn't get off the waitlist. I know she was hoping for a better outcome. Hopefully, she will be attending a school that she loves. I know that several years ago they didn't accept any students off the waitlist either but had taken some for the past two years. It sounds like Elon will have to adjust their admit rate a little bit.
    · Reply · Share
  • eiffel13eiffel13 188 replies1 threads Junior Member
    FYI I know of an applicant who got in off the waitlist in the spring.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity