right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Best Cell phone provider at Elon?

pakjan6pakjan6 290 replies42 threads Member
edited March 2011 in Elon University
I have VZW but I might get AT&T soon, do you still get good service with At&T at Elon?

What carrier is the best?
edited March 2011
8 replies
Post edited by pakjan6 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Best Cell phone provider at Elon?

• noccamtmomnoccamtmom 39 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Son has IPhone through AT&T and had problem with reception indoors at Elon for about 2 weeks. As of today problem seems to have fixed itself.
    · Reply · Share
  • Rex212Rex212 240 replies6 threads Junior Member
    Around campus, either one is fine. BUT I live in Danieley and have AT&T and I get ZERO service indoors. I always have to go outside to make a phone call, and usually texts. Do not switch to AT&T if you think you might live in DC.
    · Reply · Share
  • rhyrhy 92 replies8 threads Junior Member
    My daughter had Cingular (AT&T) when she started, but we switched after the first year becasue of poor reception. She now has verizon, and it is pretty good
    · Reply · Share
  • pilotctpilotct 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Anyone have Sprint service at Elon? Comments? Thanks.
    · Reply · Share
  • schlagowskyschlagowsky 176 replies11 threads Junior Member
    we have sprint-and had no signal in some academic buildings and cafeteria; no problems elsewhere
    · Reply · Share
  • superghumansuperghuman 246 replies24 threads Junior Member
    I was there this weekend. Have verizon- never lost service.
    Chuckled to myself when a student walked by on the phone and said, "tell daddy to switch to verizon because I never get calls or messages inside!"

verizon rules
    · Reply · Share
  • Lafalum84Lafalum84 7382 replies150 threads Senior Member
    D has Verizon, has never had a problem as far as I know.
    · Reply · Share
  • filmmom123filmmom123 16 replies1 threads New Member
    S started year with ATT but switched to Verizon for better reception.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity