right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

restaurant suggestions

TexasmotherTexasmother 84 replies11 threads Junior Member
edited August 2010 in Elon University
We will be in Elon for 4 nights. Other than the Oak something, does anyone have some ideas of good restaurants in the area??
edited August 2010
10 replies
Post edited by Texasmother on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: restaurant suggestions

• NEMOM72NEMOM72 59 replies1 threads Junior Member
    I'm assuming you have a car. There's really not that much in Burlington. If you travel to Durham, there are a variety restaurants in Brightleaf Square which is right near Duke. One of our favorites was Chamas (a Brazilian Churrascaria). It's a bit pricey for dinner but fairly reasonable for lunch. If you travel to Greensboro, try the Green Valley Grille which is in the O Henry Hotel. Also in Greensboro, Westover Terrace has a few good eateries - Lucky 32 (American), Casaldi's Cafe (the owner is really sweet and good food), or Saffron (really good Indian).
    · Reply · Share
  • ncmentorncmentor 1330 replies16 threads Senior Member
    I like to go to the Sidetrack Grill in Elon (just a short walk down the street). Burlington has about 200 restaurants, I bet you can find a few that you like...
    · Reply · Share
  • njmomnjmom 374 replies24 threads Member
    I second the Sidetrack Grill- good food, casual and close. There was another place right across the street, Brown and Co, it was very good, but I am not sure if it is under a new owner and name.
    · Reply · Share
  • TexasmotherTexasmother 84 replies11 threads Junior Member
    Thanks for the suggestions. I am keeping the ones in Greensboro as my d loves Indian food and will be really missing it. That could be a great possibility for parents weekend.
    · Reply · Share
  • Brave UlyssesBrave Ulysses 633 replies38 threads Member
    I had a good meal at Outback in Burlington. Burlington has every imaginable restaurant chain.
    · Reply · Share
  • noccamtmomnoccamtmom 39 replies0 threads Junior Member
    The Sidetrack Grill has closed for good. Brown and Co. has changed ownership and is now the Town Table and touts being a bistro style restaurant.
    · Reply · Share
    Had dinner at the Town Table for the first time yesterday and enjoyed it quite a bit. Don't tell anyone else - let them go to Applebee's (which is in Burlington and surprising good for a chain restaurant).

Just read the post: "The Sidetrack Grill has closed for good". - Noticed that they were closed last night but didn't know it was for good... Somewhat depressed (at least my palette is)...
    · Reply · Share
  • rodneyrodney 9267 replies139 threads Senior Member
    ^rodney - all hope is gone. Good thing I liked the Town Table...

I also liked the "Red Bowl Asian Bistro" about 5 miles away at Boone Station in Burlington.
    · Reply · Share
  • rodneyrodney 9267 replies139 threads Senior Member
    ^^have heard good things about red bowl; plus they have a gluten free menu; works for us!!

has anyone tried "mellow mushroom" pizza? any good?
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity