Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

When to schedule my audition

hopefulMThopefulMT Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
edited November 2009 in Emerson College MT
Hello all.
Emerson is my first choice, and I'm trying to figure out the best time for me to schedule my audition.

I have a recovering polyp on my vocal fold (sang through silent reflux for months without recognizing the symptoms-- oops) and am in intensive vocal therapy to recover, so I'm scheduling all of my auditions in very late January at the earliest. So, I know it's not going to be before then, because my voice will not be in its best form.

I was thinking of maybe making it one of my last auditions, like in late February, so I have had the most time to recover AND the most audition experience from all of my other schools.

However, will auditioning late put me at a disadvantage? Is Emerson the kind of school that will fill up slots as they see auditions they like, eventually filling all of them before I even get a chance to audition? I need to know this because I need to find the right balance between late enough to recover, but early enough to be considered.

Thanks so much in advance.
Post edited by hopefulMT on

Replies to: When to schedule my audition

• perischackperischack Registered User Posts: 197 Junior Member
    HopefulMT, my son auditioned for Emerson during New York Unifieds last year, on the last Saturday in January, and was accepted. I don't believe your projected time frame will hurt you. It's undoubtedly better to be healthy and sound great than go too early. Good luck with your recovery and your auditions!
  • hopefulMThopefulMT Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    Thank you so much. I just was getting worried that by the time they saw me, they'd already have seen enough talented people and I wouldn't get in for that reason.
    Thanks again!

(If anyone else has any other tips or information about this, please let me know!)
This discussion has been closed.