Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Dalai Lama Visiting Campus?

GamBinoGamBino Registered User Posts: 148 Junior Member
edited October 2010 in Emory University
I'd like to ask about the duration of his visit, because it's causing quite a bit of trouble in China. Not blaming him, but now literally no one in China can access the Emory website nor can we send any application documents.
Post edited by GamBino on

Replies to: Dalai Lama Visiting Campus?

• here123here123 Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
    as you cant acess the website, I just went through the website and found out this information

His Holiness the XIV Dalai Lama returned to Emory October 17-19, 2010 in his capacity as Presidential Distinguished Professor, the first university appointment accepted by the 1989 Nobel Peace Laureate and leader of the Tibetan people.

Hope that helped
  • GamBinoGamBino Registered User Posts: 148 Junior Member
    Great... I see. Thanks a lot for the help!

I guess no one from Mainland China is going to be able to apply to Emory this year.... Which is rather unfortunate. It's my dream school, but it's a shame that there's a conflict.
  • GamBinoGamBino Registered User Posts: 148 Junior Member
    Oh actually, it's unblocked now! Yay, I can finally apply to my dream school.
  • Colleges00701Colleges00701 - Posts: 1,790 Senior Member
    hahaha, those crazy communists and there hatred of basic human rights lol.....
  • doryphorusdoryphorus Registered User Posts: 174 Junior Member
    colleges why do you laugh at everything? haha
This discussion has been closed.