Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is Emory a party school?

124»

Replies to: Is Emory a party school?

• bernie12bernie12 Registered User Posts: 5,293 Senior Member
    I don't know about the highlands, but I would be having fun. Agree on everything else except for the consequences portion. That's doesn't include the many who don't know how to do it right.
  • dgeblldgebll Registered User Posts: 478 Member
    I recommend the Highland because of Noche - great special on Sunday nights. The food is quite good for the money as well. And while we're at it - $10 all you can eat tapas at Twist in Buckhead on Sunday nights as well. That's the best deal in Atlanta, no question.

Some people drive a car dangerously, but that shouldn't prevent you from driving a car, if you enjoy driving. Likewise, some people drink dangerously, but that shouldn't stop you from drinking, if you enjoy drinks.
    Yeah, that's my point. I wasn't saying that I don't do it. I was just saying that clearly some people don't know how. Again, I prefer house parties so as to avoid paying anything at all. Or going to the club is good because many have nights where one can get in for free if one gets there early enough. In this case, I don't really need to drink b/c often the music/performer is enough. I look for ways to avoid paying (I also don't care for places where I have to where clothes that are too formal, I really don't have the money to buy such clothes) lol. Sometimes me going out doesn't involve drinking at all. It may indeed be as simple as randomly going out on the town to a nice restaurant (but without the formal dress of course) when I have a little money. I'm southern so I like the Tavern in the Highlands. Not horribly priced and pretty good if you are into that type of food (which I am). I generally avoid Buckhead because of the prices, but thanks for the heads up. There are actually some times where I'd rather go out to Dunwoody/Sandy Springs because they have the same restaurants/shopping venues with less inflation of prices. I notice that prices at many Dunwoody/Sandy Springs equivalents (as in to Buckhead) are lower.
  • eastafrobeautyeastafrobeauty Registered User Posts: 2,430 Senior Member
    clubbing in ATL sounds like so much fun ! is it...?

Would you guys say that the costs of living on ATL are expensive?
  • citylife873citylife873 Registered User Posts: 131 Junior Member
    Cost of living is low compared to other major east coast cities (New York, DC, Boston), but that mostly because housing is cheap. Gas is also relatively cheap. Cabs can be expensive though.
  • TJC747TJC747 Registered User Posts: 510 Member
    This is extremely off topic but while we're on the subject of Emory + Atlanta + food, has anyone been to Flip Burger? When I visited Emory I went there for dinner. I have no idea what part of Atlanta it's in but damn it was amazing. Just thought I'd share.
    I haven't tried it! Was it kind of close to Emory? Do you remember anything about the location? You make me want to try it. Thanks lol.
  • ch0iminych0iminy Registered User Posts: 190 Junior Member
    Emory's party scene is definitely there. At the beginning of the semester, my hall and I went out pretty much every weekend. There was one point in the semester where I was averaging going out4 nights a week. But that's kinda rare and more towards the beginning of the year. Usually there were about 2-3 frat parties each weekend. Friday's were kinda dead, but Thursdays and Saturdays were crazy. Clubbing is definitely fun...but only when there's an event with lots of Emory kids (COLLEGE NIGHTS! WHOO!)...otherwise, its kinda sketch.

ALTHOUGH partying is big here, academics are even bigger. We work hard during the week/day and play harder during the weekends. That said, I know some people who don't drink and seem to have a perfectly good time as well.

FLIP BURGER IS AMAZINGGGGG! It's kinda small though for the price.
124»
This discussion has been closed.