Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

ED: Do you have to send 1st quarter grades?

lmilllzlmilllz Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
edited November 2010 in Emory University
If you applied Early Decision does Emory request your first quarter grades?
Post edited by lmilllz on

Replies to: ED: Do you have to send 1st quarter grades?

• TJC747TJC747 Registered User Posts: 510 Member
    I called and they say they require 1st quarter grades. I recently sent my 1st quarter grades on my own so I assume that will suffice.
  • lmilllzlmilllz Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    Are you sure? It says nowhere on their website that they require them or even request them.
  • KleltsKlelts Registered User Posts: 97 Junior Member
    By first quarter, do you mean first semester?
    No, the first semester is the first half of the year (which would be around the end of January). This would be long after I would find out if I am accepted and thus irrelevent. So yeah, first quarter.
    lmmillz - Yeah I know it doesn't say on the website. Thus I was a bit surprised that the person on the phone said they were required. If your grades are good, you should definitely send them (are they good)?

Emory may contact your guidance counselor without notifying you and ask them to send your first quarter grades.
    Yeah, my grades were really good this quarter (thank god). Anyway, I'm not really sure how they plan on using the first quarter grades considering it is taking them between 2 and 3 weeks to log stuff you send into the system. A little over 3 weeks from now we should be hearing if we got in or not. I just emailed admissions so I'll see what they tell me.

Thanks for the help.
  • KleltsKlelts Registered User Posts: 97 Junior Member
    My school only lists semester grades on my transcript. Do either of you have a similar issue?
    I emailed admissions and they said they will contact the school directly if they need my grades and only request grades from some people.
    Oh - but lmillz if your grades are good then you should send them. I did. why not?
    My guidance counselor seems to think they would be annoying with getting excessive paperwork with all the stuff they already have, especially stuff they dont want. Plus, I don't think it will make a difference.
This discussion has been closed.