Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is anything still 'Initiated' for you guys?

nocrackupnocrackup Registered User Posts: 348 Member
edited January 2011 in Emory University
For me, FIVE THINGS! (making me panic!)

Counselor Rec
Emory Scholar student portion
Emory Scholar school portion
High school transcript
ED agreement

I'm just seriously panicking. Because I turned them in ALL on time.
Is this just me, should I be worried?
Post edited by nocrackup on

Replies to: Is anything still 'Initiated' for you guys?

• herpderp2herpderp2 Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    I'm about to take finals and I still have one thing initiated for admissions on OPUS (lol). In fact, I found out that one of my forms never made it to Emory and I ended up turning it in a couple of weeks before the school year began.

That being said, I would still contact the office to double check. If you turned them in recently, chances are they're still processing your application.
  • nocrackupnocrackup Registered User Posts: 348 Member
    Haha! Okay, that makes me feel a little better, maybe it just never got to them to update it!

But...they were all in Oct. 31st! I don't understand what's going on. I do want to call them, but I really don't want to be annoying. Does anyone remember if it said in one of their emails to wait until end of November for them to process? I sort of recall seeing that but can't find it now..
  • herpderp2herpderp2 Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    Definitely call them. Don't worry about being annoying. That's what they're there for.
  • JasonGomJasonGom Registered User Posts: 135 Junior Member
    um been initiated for a while now for me...

ED agreement
    Emory scholars
    Emory Scholars

3 things for me
    Thanks herpderp2! I'll make sure to call them... it still hasn't changed.
    JasonGom, you should make a call too, just to make sure nothing was lost? :/
  • TJC747TJC747 Registered User Posts: 510 Member
    Both Emory scholars things for me, although they may not look at that for a while - JasonGom, just check your CommonApp - if it says the ED Agreement was sent, then you have nothing to worry about.
  • krugkrug Registered User Posts: 365 Member
    We called (the same 2 things are missing) and all they said were that they are swamped and it's taking awhile to get it all posted. So, not very helpful.
  • mulberrypiemulberrypie - Posts: 1,558 Member
    I submitted Nov 14. Still have HS transcript, counselor rec, and both scholar forms initiated.
  • angi0102angi0102 Registered User Posts: 188 Junior Member
    Aaaahh!!
    I'm getting really anxious now!!
    There's less that 3 weeks left until the 15th!!
    What if they don't get to check our applications until then!!??
    Okay, seriously? FIVE THINGS STILL!! I tried to wait because I saw krug's post and thought they would be just unhelpful. But seriously....
  • ActivatedActivated Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I have still two things left. Scholars stuffs.. Im worried too.
  • TJC747TJC747 Registered User Posts: 510 Member
    Same here Activated - don't be worried. Adcoms don't even read our Emory Scholars essays (well they don't make the decisions). They are worrying about those last because they have till mid January to make the decisions. With ED, they have till Dec 15th!
    Wow. I can't believe this... I STILL have five things left. Scholars, I'm not too worried about. But the ED agreement, Counselor Rec, and Transcripts are still missing. I accidentally missed to office hours today though ugh..

Btw: next to ED agreement, does your account have a due date for it? Mine has due 11/15 for transcript/counselor, but not the ED agreement..
  • KleltsKlelts Registered User Posts: 97 Junior Member
    Recs and transcript did but ED Agreement didn't have a due date.
  • 6164CZ6164CZ Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    Both my high school and college transcripts say "initiated" (I'm applying as a transfer).
    I wouldn't be as concerned if it wasn't something as vital as my transcripts. I'm worried. I went on a tour of Emory and spoke to an admissions counselor last Tuesday and she assured me that I should be hearing from them "soon".
This discussion has been closed.