Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Goizueta chances and questions

runi27runi27 Registered User Posts: 510 Member
edited November 2010 in Emory University
I'm currently planning on applying to Emory's goizueta school, and I wanted to know more information (perhaps from a current student) about the school and how good of a shot I have.
Here are my stats:
GPA: uw 94.44
SAT I: cr.m.w: 710.770.800
SATII: mathII: 760 bio: 730 us: 730
ACT: 33 (not sending)
APs- US, Bio, Lang, Euro-5 Macro&Microecon-4
Current APs: Spanish, Calc BC, Gov Lit
Notable ECs: DECA Regional&Chapter President, Varsity Tennis Team Captain, Model UN Chairperson, Mock Trial Team Captain, Intern at U.S. Senator's office
Awards: current NMSF (229), AP Scholar w/distinction, DECA International Event finalist, Model UN Outstanding Delegate, Williams College book award

-Questions:
-I know Goizueta is a very reputable school, but what do most kids do when after undergad there? Do many get jobs, go to b-schools, etc?
-I'm from the north, so I don't no much about the atmosphere at Emory. What is it like at Emory? What do people like best about the school?
-What is the curriculum at Goizueta? How competitive is the school?
Post edited by runi27 on

Replies to: Goizueta chances and questions

• idontjokeidontjoke Registered User Posts: 290 Junior Member
    Isn't Goizueta a 2-year program? I don't think you can apply as an incoming freshman—unless there is some "preferred admission" thing? Otherwise, chancing you for getting into a business school you will be applying to at the end of your sophomore year seems futile.

In terms of Emory itself, I would say there is a 90% chance you're in. You seem like a strong student, so getting in Goizueta shouldn't be difficult once you're in.

In terms of your questions, I can't really answer any of them in great depth, though I do know that Goizueta graduates go onto great jobs and top B-Schools.

Goizueta Business School - Undergraduate BBA
  • runi27runi27 Registered User Posts: 510 Member
    wow i just assumed it was a traditional 4 year undergad b-school. Thanks for the information, I think I need to do some more research on the school :)
This discussion has been closed.