Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Separate Envelopes

jwilliams93jwilliams93 Registered User Posts: 117 Junior Member
edited December 2010 in Emory University
My counselor didn't send my recommendations in separate envelopes as Emory's website asks. This isn't anything to worry about, is it? I waived my right to access the letters.
Post edited by jwilliams93 on

Replies to: Separate Envelopes

• JasonGomJasonGom Registered User Posts: 135 Junior Member
    Well I think as longs as they got it...your good...my counselor did the same thing too but everything on my opus is good except for ED agreement and Emory scholars...

my teachers sent theirs in by mail separately....and i didnt even mark on common app that they were going to send it in...lol

also why did you waive your right? arent you interested in what your teachers have to say about you?
  • mcd1114mcd1114 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    you're always supposed to waive your right. if you don't colleges will be suspicious as to why you did
  • TJC747TJC747 Registered User Posts: 510 Member
    Yeah Jason waiving your right to see the letters essentially means losing your right...
  • jwilliams93jwilliams93 Registered User Posts: 117 Junior Member
    It's always recommended that you waive your right because, otherwise, colleges may think you have something to hide. It's really not a big deal, though.
This discussion has been closed.