Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Does anyone else wish they had applied to Oxford?

TenaciousETenaciousE Registered User Posts: 169 Junior Member
edited March 2011 in Emory University
I'm getting a bunch of waitlist and rejection letters, so now I'm extremely nervous that I didn't get into Emory. Now I'm wishing I had applied to Oxford :/ If Emory doesn't come through I'll probably be stuck at Flagship University #1...
Post edited by TenaciousE on

Replies to: Does anyone else wish they had applied to Oxford?

• aigiqinfaigiqinf Registered User Posts: 4,032 Senior Member
    In the past, applicants rejected at Emory College of Arts and Sciences could apply through Oxford's rolling admissions program by simply pressing a button--no additional fee or forms. I assume it'll be the same this year...
  • LittleJcLittleJc Registered User Posts: 70 Junior Member
    I'm getting purely rejection letters as well. But definitely do not regret not applying to Oxford. I only heard bad comments about it.

I am also very nervous with this decision. I'm like in the top 1% for my current hs and other people in like 5-10% are getting in and I am not. -__- Really depressing.

Anyhow, I'm sure you have a backup college?
  • TenaciousETenaciousE Registered User Posts: 169 Junior Member
    I have full rides to two state universities, but I really wanted to go somewhere a bit more prestigious, especially because I live in Mississippi. Worst case scenario, I go to University of Mississippi's honors college and transfer somewhere better after a year, so I guess it could be worse. I just thought I would get in SOMEWHERE besides my state's schools.
  • oxfordstudentoxfordstudent Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I am currently an Oxford of Emory student and just thought I would make an account to tell you that I was in a similar situation as you. Emory ended up rejecting me but in the rejection email they offered me a link to apply for Oxford. It was simple and I do not recall there being an extra fee. Within a week I was accepted into Oxford.
This discussion has been closed.