Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Emory Transfer for Fall 2011

Replies to: Emory Transfer for Fall 2011

• nocrackupnocrackup Registered User Posts: 348 Member
    HeatFanNY, were you invited into the conditional transfer program? It's not just for EVERYONE who accepted a place on their waitlist right? It says on their website that you have to be invited after the waitlist thing is over. I'm just curious since I've been waitlisted and would love to go next year!
  • HeatFanNYHeatFanNY Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    Nocrackup, yes I was invited into the program, that's the only way you can get in. However, I was waitlisted last year too (regular decision) and I sent my admissions officer a letter telling them I will go if they accept me etc. etc. but since they didn't take anyone off the waitlist they invited me to go to this program. So send them a letter!
  • ktak240ktak240 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm transferring into Emory this fall! Any luck essefive?
  • essefiveessefive Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    Hey, ktak240! Congrats!! When did you find out about your acceptance and when did you apply?
  • ktak240ktak240 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Couple weeks ago, I'm sure they'll let you know soon.
  • nocrackupnocrackup Registered User Posts: 348 Member
    Thanks HeatFanNY! I definitely took your advice and e-mailed... don't know how much that would work. Crossing my fingers!
    Hey guys, my parents actually changed their minds and I am for sure attending Emory next fall. I am picking my housing right now, leaning towards Clifton/Trimble because the complex is just like incredibly tiny and Clairmont is too far away...

Where are you guys thinking about living?
  • essefiveessefive Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    ^Wooo, congrats, HeatFanNY. That is great news. I hope I will get to join you at Emory next fall..

Does anyone have any updates? Preferably those who applied as a regular transfer student rather than a conditional transfer student?
    I'm sooo anxious to get my answer. I really want to know soon ):
  • gref2528gref2528 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    i applied for the fall a couple of weeks ago. it seems like we hear back mid-june? haven't received my opus information or anything. it'd be nice to hear earlier than that, it sucks not knowing where ill be this fall
  • GodricGryffindorGodricGryffindor Registered User Posts: 428 Member
    I'll be submitting my application this weekend. Got accepted to W&M and a couple other places, but got pretty bad aid thus far. I heard that Emory is pretty generous with 0 EFC'ers. I hope that is true!

Not sure about my chances though.
  • GodricGryffindorGodricGryffindor Registered User Posts: 428 Member
    Bump. Anyone heard anything? I'm submitting my app in a couple of days.
  • gref2528gref2528 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    i got an email from someone in Admissions because they never received one of my forms, so at least we know they have started looking at our applications. probably still won't hear back until early-mid June
  • emory12emory12 Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    i'm an emory student and i just want to tell you that clifton is pretty much the worst place you can live at emory. trimble isn't that great either; the only good thing about it is that it's right on campus. clairmont is amazing-- it really is NOT far away at all (there's a shuttle that comes every 3-5 minutes and it only takes 10-15 mins to walk to campus). seriously, i was avoiding clairmont the whole time i was at emory, but last year when i lived there i LOVED it so much. they're actually apartment-styled housing which is great, and people describe clairmont campus like a country club (outside pool, tennis courts, really nice buildings, etc).
    Hey emory12,

Thanks for the input! What do you think is the best place to live besides clairmont then? I would rather have something on the main campus so what would be my best choice?
  • emory12emory12 Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    what choices do you get as a transfer?

if you are a sophomore, i'd try for Woodruff. you get to know a lot of people there, and it's basically on campus. it's also a really nice building/pretty new.
This discussion has been closed.