Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Do I have a chance (based off of where I've been accepted/rejected already)?

handiman115handiman115 Registered User Posts: 133 Junior Member
edited April 2011 in Emory University
Hey guys!

I know this really isn't the proper forum for chances, but I'm super anxious and I feel that a concentrated group of other super excited/nervous for tomorrow's decisions!

Ok, So I really only applied to really competitive schools

Accepted:

Boston College
Tulane
Rochester

Rejected:

EVERYWHERE ELSE (a couple ivies and a few other top twenty-five schools--duke, northwestern, Georgetown)

I'm white from New York (upstate which has a TON less competition than downstate schools...but that really hasn't proved useful ;) I don't have stellar test scores (submitted 30 ACT) but I feel like I was accepted at the places I was is due to super unique ambitions/hobbies/essay and pretty good recs. My intended major is anthropology. Do I have a chance at my Emory--my first choice college for next year?!?
Post edited by handiman115 on

Replies to: Do I have a chance (based off of where I've been accepted/rejected already)?

• TJC747TJC747 Registered User Posts: 510 Member
    if gpa is up there as is class rigor, you'll be ok. did you show a lot of interest? unfortunately judging from your previous decisions, i don't know if you'll get in...
  • eiffyx14eiffyx14 Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
    stay positive! ull find out tomorrow =]
  • massgirl92massgirl92 Registered User Posts: 703 Member
    You DEFINITELY have a chance!
    This process has taught me that you can't base your chances off of other decisions...I mean, I was rejected from Tufts and accepted to Duke.
    So stay positive and if it doesn't work out, you still have great choices. BC is BOMB.
  • handiman115handiman115 Registered User Posts: 133 Junior Member
    Thanks guys! But I got either waitlisted or rejected basically anywhere else :/
  • ohioman2011ohioman2011 Registered User Posts: 115 Junior Member
    There really is no winning formula because I was rejected from Boston College but was accepted at Emory... So anything could have happened. Best of luck with your college!
  • handiman115handiman115 Registered User Posts: 133 Junior Member
    Thanks, you too!

I'm sure i'll be happy with any of my options, but it sure would be nice to get off the Emory waitlist!
This discussion has been closed.