Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Extension on admission deposit?

emoryguy980emoryguy980 Registered User Posts: 157 Junior Member
edited May 2011 in Emory University
So I literally have no money, parents car got wrecked and literally wasted everything (what little we had) on the car. So I cannot pay the deposit until I get my check from work which is may 6th. The thing is, it is due May 1st. Do you think they will understand if I call and ask for a week extension?
Post edited by emoryguy980 on

Replies to: Extension on admission deposit?

• essefiveessefive Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    We can't really give you an answer for that. Call admissions and explain your situation to them.
  • emoryguy980emoryguy980 Registered User Posts: 157 Junior Member
    Okay ill call Wednesday and ask since i have lax practice everyday and cant call after school?
  • undertaker1664undertaker1664 Registered User Posts: 271 Junior Member
    Call during lunch or go to the bathroom during school and call then.
  • Classof2015Classof2015 Registered User Posts: 4,353 Senior Member
    When you call, maybe offer to send a check now postdated for May 6...it would show goodwill, I would think.
  • emoryguy980emoryguy980 Registered User Posts: 157 Junior Member
    Ok but wouldn't it seem odd if I call them on April 25th? Someone said wait until later in the week so they will be more understanding. And I cannot write checks, I am fairly young because I graduated a year early out of high school
  • OmgMomOmgMom Registered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
    OP - The website says if admitted students need an extension for the deposit to email Dean Jordan at least 2 days before the due date. Sounds like they understand. I'm sure you are not the only one doing this, especially since many students won't have financial aid available anytime soon. : )
  • techn0logicaltechn0logical Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    Did anyone get an extension? Mine goes until May 6th. I went into OPUS today to make my deposit and there's no link to make my deposit!!
This discussion has been closed.