Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Longstreet-Means vs Turman vs Fevans

nanobot1nanobot1 Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
edited June 2011 in Emory University
Can someone tell me the pros and cons of each of these dorms (eg. location, social life, type of people in the halls, distance from gym and library)?
Post edited by nanobot1 on

Replies to: Longstreet-Means vs Turman vs Fevans

• emoryguy980emoryguy980 Registered User Posts: 157 Junior Member
    They are all near each other, but fevans is prob closest to the gym. LSM is closest to the library, and as far as social scene I have heard fevans and LSM are greater since they both are new and have much more lounges and places to socialize.
  • bernie12bernie12 Registered User Posts: 5,293 Senior Member
    They are essentially equidistant from the library and gym lol. I suppose it may take a few more seconds or a single minute more to get to the gym from LSM and Turman.
  • nanobot1nanobot1 Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    Thanks for the feedback! I had few other questions.

Are the same kinds of students in each dorm?

I hear the halls are not too social at LSM. Is that same at Fevans & Turman?

Also, did you guys use the roombug app? If so did that work well or is random roommate better choice?
  • simplywaitingsimplywaiting Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    It didn't work for my daughter. She "interviewed" a lot of people and the girl she decided to room with didn't disclose that she was bipolar and not taking her meds until the had been room mates for a month. It was a rocky year!
This discussion has been closed.