Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Majors: Anthro and Human Biology vs. NBB

pinkmisspinkmiss Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
edited October 2012 in Emory University
I was just curious on any input between the pros and cons of these majors and differences, esp for pre-med student. They seem pretty similar with NBB 201 crosslisted as Anthro 200. Thanks!
Post edited by pinkmiss on

Replies to: Majors: Anthro and Human Biology vs. NBB

• merrymusicmanmerrymusicman Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    Disclaimer: I'm a freshmen, so my knowledge may not be totally accurate. You might be better served by contacting a faculty member or an academic office. :)

I can't really tell you much about anthro, but I know a bit more about NBB. One of NBB's advantages is that it's interdisciplinary, so it includes aspects of sociology, psychology, anthropology, bio, chem etc... It looks at why people/animals behave the way they do through the lense of neuroscience and cognition.

Anthropology is about the study of humans from different perspectives. It is kinda interdisciplinary too, as it has subfields. As pre-med, you might want to go into medical or biological anthropology. Anthropology is supposed to be easier, while NBB is supposed to be pretty challenging. NBB might look better for a pre-med since its rather unique as majors go, and Emory is putting significant resources into the growing program.

Sources:
    Anthropology Department | Emory College | Atlanta, GA
    Emory University | Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology
  • pinkmisspinkmiss Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    Ok! Thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.