Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
maymay17maymay17 Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
edited October 2012 in Emory University
So I submitted my Emory supplement a few days ago and on the "why Emory" essay, I mentioned my desire to be in the College of Arts & Science. As it turns out, it's actually the College of Arts and Sciences, with the "s" at the end of sciences (which I didn't add). Is this really a big deal, i.e. potential grounds for rejection (since I guess it implies I don't even know the school enough) and that I should talk to an admissions rep on fixing it or am I just freaking out?
Post edited by maymay17 on

Replies to: paranoia?

• rainydays05rainydays05 Registered User Posts: 119 Junior Member
    I think you are freaking out too much. Everything is said and done. It's not like you accidentally mentioned, "This is why I want to go to Northwestern," in your essay. Very minor typo, and you may even come off as needy/annoying if you actually contact a rep about this. If you get rejected, know that it wasn't because you forgot an "s".
  • aigiqinfaigiqinf Registered User Posts: 4,032 Senior Member
    I wouldn't worry--there are plenty of people who work at Emory who think the official name is "Emory College" and have never heard the term "College of Arts and Sciences."
  • aleyna22aleyna22 Registered User Posts: 280 Junior Member
    I wouldn't worry about one little letter if I were you, but while we're on the subject of college paranoia...my counselor sent in my transcripts with an error on them. It says I made a 0 on my 9th grade lit EOCT, when really I made an A. For some reason, when I moved schools, the grade was not transferred. She fixed it after I saw the mistake, but it was too late- the transcripts were sent. Since I have A's for all my other EOCT scores, do you think they'll think I failed my EOCT, or will they not worry about it?
  • collegemother2collegemother2 Registered User Posts: 46 Junior Member
    aleyna22, I think you college rep should follow up with the admissions rep to make sure that Emory is using the correct transcript. Since it is the school who sends the transcript, it seems the school professionals should follow up.

A similiar situation occurred with my S. His English teacher gave him the wrong grade by mistake, it was corrected and a new transcript was sent to Emory.

If you are able to follow up as well that is great. Good luck!
  • chazsfchazsf Registered User Posts: 403 Member
    Aleyna,

Send your admissions rep an email telling the story.
    Okay, but how do I know who my admissions rep is?
  • whenhenwhenhen Registered User Posts: 5,638 Senior Member
    Although I found this on the Oxford site, I'm almost certain it applies to Emory as well: Oxford College - Admission Representatives

Click on your state and you'll find your admissions representative
    Thanks! I asked my counselor if she would resend it when I first saw the mistake, but she refused to resend it with the excuse that they don't look at eoct scores... She's got an attitude... /:
This discussion has been closed.