Hello! I want to know if I have a chance to getting into Emory College or Oxford College. I love both of the campuses.
My class rank is 2 out of 259, and my GPA is 3.90 unweighted. I have taken a total of three AP classes last year, and I am taking five more this year: AP Calculus AB, AP Physics B/C, AP Psychology, AP Literature and Composition and AP Studio Art. I have taken the SAT but received a 1650 (V: 490, M: 560, W: 620). I am waiting for my October scores to come in, and I'm planning to take the ACT. My extracurricular activities include:
- National Honors Society (2012-2013)
- Art Club (4+ years)
- National Art Honors Society (2+ years)
- Science National Honors Society (2+ years: Treasurer 2011-2012, President 2012-2013)
- Beta Club (2+ years: Vice President 2012-2013)
My volunteer experience: I have been going to a nursing home for 10 hours total, participating in a yearly elementary school art workshop for 8 hours in total of two years, volunteering at my church, helping with Hands on Henry, and volunteering at my school for a total of 50 hours.
I work as an assistant art instructor at an art studio in my county. I have been babysitting for 3 years now. I also work at a tropical food market and have been working there since 2011 for more than 60 hours.
I have received honors and awards:
- All A's (3+ years)
- Perfect Attendance (3+ years)
- Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership (HOBY) Ambassador 2011
- Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership (HOBY) Alumni 2011
- National Beta Club Convention State Competition 1st place Winner
- National Beta Club Convention Nationals Competition 2nd place Winner
- Student of the Month Award
- Congressional Art Certificates