Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Oxford Scholars

2»

Replies to: Oxford Scholars

• HopesOfIvyHopesOfIvy Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
    I think there are only 75 Oxford Scholar finalists unless I'm mistaken. I think the 350 is for Emory Scholars.
  • MissxSilverwingMissxSilverwing Registered User Posts: 418 Member
    Does anyone know the schedule for Feb. 22-23? We were provided with very limited information so I'm kind of confused about what we'll actually be doing haha. Especially the shuttle leaving for the airport at 2:15pm...I assume that's 2:15pm on Saturday; does anyone know for sure?
    Headed to Oxford right now. Anyone know what to expect?
  • whenhenwhenhen Registered User Posts: 5,638 Senior Member
    Tomorrow night there's going to be laser tag on the quad. I'm not a scholar, but I can tell you that all of the scholars (and many other students) are excited to meet you guys.
  • aigiqinfaigiqinf Registered User Posts: 4,032 Senior Member
    I hope everyone enjoys Oxford! :)
    Laser tag sounds fun! I hope we have time to change out of our professional dress before that though haha.
  • sunnyflagirlsunnyflagirl Registered User Posts: 46 Junior Member
    got the acceptance to Emory Oxford. Scholarship says 10k for 4 years. Emory Achevement award. Does anyone know if this means she will most likely get into Emory as a freshman? Applied for both.
  • aigiqinfaigiqinf Registered User Posts: 4,032 Senior Member
    Admissions decisions for Oxford and the College of Arts and Sciences are made independently by different offices. Given this and different applicant pools, among those that apply to both campuses, some students are accepted at both campuses; some students are admitted at the College of Arts and Sciences but not Oxford; and some students at admitted to Oxford but not the College of Arts and Sciences.

Since your daughter received acceptance to Oxford, it is safer to assume that her chances of getting into the College of Arts and Sciences are higher than they would be otherwise--but only in that it indirectly reflects positively on her qualifications.
    Anyone know how we get notified of oxford scholars: mail or opus?
  • stars123stars123 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    I'm pretty sure it's through mail.
    I think they mentioned they might do email too though. Aren't they supposed to send it out tomorrow?
  • stars123stars123 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    yeah, they said they would send it out around the 15th!
    I hope they e-mail it out too, but I vaguely recall them saying that they would be mailing it...
    I called Oxford. The letters were mailed yesterday, and they will load decisions on opus later next week. I'm a little anxious...
    I'm so nervous!! Hopefully the letter will get here today so we don't have to wait until Monday.
  • aleyna22aleyna22 Registered User Posts: 280 Junior Member
    Just curious- does anyone who was invited to the scholars weekend mind posting their stats? I'm just wondering what exactly they were looking for, how competitive it was, etc.
2»
This discussion has been closed.