Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Oxford Scholars

colegebound16colegebound16 Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
edited March 2013 in Emory University
Hey guys! I got notification of Oxford Scholars today and I was wondering who else did too?!
I'm super exited, I got accepted and a 10k scholarship per year.
Post edited by colegebound16 on

Replies to: Oxford Scholars

• stars123stars123 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    I was notified too. How do you know you got 10k a year? it didn't mention that in my e-mail. It just says that I'm a finalist.
  • HopesOfIvyHopesOfIvy Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
    I am also a finalist. I think finalists are guaranteed $10,000. Does anyone know how many full ride, full tuition, and half tuition scholarships are awarded?
  • curlyqjcwcurlyqjcw Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    I got the 10K/year as well! Maybe we didn't get Oxford Scholars but they still offered us money? I'll call on Monday and see what the difference is. I'm excited regardless!
    @curlyqjcw and @colegebound16 I am a finalist, but my message said nothing about money. Did your letter mention 10 k/ year? Also, were you just notified on Opus?
  • stars123stars123 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    @curlyqjcw and @colegebound16
    Were you all invited to the Scholars Weekend?
  • MissxSilverwingMissxSilverwing Registered User Posts: 418 Member
    I'm a finalist too! Holy ****. I can't even believe it! I just decided to check the box. Like, I didn't even know what the program was lol; I just thought, "hey, why not?" Wow. I'm still reeling!

Also, my scholarship didn't mention 10K a year, but I think that Oxford Scholars finalists are guaranteed 10K for each of the first two years at Oxford. I looked up a CC thread from last year and someone said there are basically four tiers of scholarship - the 10K, then half tuition, then full tuition, then full ride (last three all for four years, according to this post). Not sure if that's accurate - the email wasn't super detailed.

Can't wait to see you all there!!!
    Did everyone notice that the letter welcomed us into the term of fall 2012. I guess they're also providing us with time machines. haha
  • curlyqjcwcurlyqjcw Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    Yes it mentioned the 10k and yes it was just on OPUS, and no for the Scholars Weekend... Oh well I still got something!
    Now I'm really hoping for Emory Scholars!
  • TheBucketTheBucket Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    I didn't check the box on CommonApp and still got a notification. Those of you who got one, it means that you're guaranteed an acceptance?
    @TheBucket
    My letter said Congratulations! You have been accepted for the fall term of 2012 (typo.) It also invited me to Scholar's weekend. If you received the same letter, then you are guaranteed acceptance.
    Why do they disclose this information now, if admissions notifications are pending a few months?
    Those who were named Oxford Scholar finalists must interview next month at Scholar's weekend. If you were named a finalist, then you are guaranteed acceptance to Oxford college. So, no need to wait for decisions in April.
  • aleyna22aleyna22 Registered User Posts: 280 Junior Member
    Of course the week that OS letters go out, my e-mail address suddenly becomes inactive. Um, is this on OPUS, or are they sending out actual letters? And if it is on OPUS, where is it at? Ugh, this is driving me crazy...
    It's on Opus under "view online decision." If you weren't selected, I am not sure if you are notified.
    There were 350 automatically given acceptance then?
This discussion has been closed.