Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Emailing clubs/admissions?

africastleafricastle Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
edited February 2013 in Emory University
I know that Emory really likes interest, and it is one of my top choices. I really want them to know that if I attended I would be an active member of the community. I unfortunately did not take advantage of all the opportunities available to me in high school to participate in various clubs, something I deeply regret. As such, my school ECs are generally lacking (although I feel I have some good off-campus activities). I, for example, would love to be a part of student newspaper, but I did/do not write for my school newspaper. I was not able to interview because of where I live, so I was never able to express my desire to be very involved. Would it be worth my time to email admissions or the clubs themselves (I feel the latter wouldn't really do much) and ask about various clubs I am interested to express my interest?
Post edited by africastle on

Replies to: Emailing clubs/admissions?

This discussion has been closed.