Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Party scene?

donewithhdonewithh Registered User Posts: 234 Junior Member
edited August 2013 in Emory University
Ive been getting mixed responses on this topic. Can anyone help me out?
Post edited by donewithh on

Replies to: Party scene?

• surfer1surfer1 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    I think the bottom line is this: Emory's no party school, but there is a sizeable Frat scene for those interested. You can have a lot of fun on a Friday or Saturday night at the right party in a respectable chapter's frat house with the right group of friends.
  • bernie12bernie12 Registered User Posts: 5,333 Senior Member
    I'm not convinced it's limited to the frat scene. Clairmont, for example, can be full of fun (especially the tower). C-mont is good at having the more traditional and random house/dorm parties not associated with Greeklife.
  • birdy01birdy01 Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    Emory is the type of school where you might not find a raging frat party sunday through wednesday nights (most people are doing work or hanging out. Minus tuesdays - people go out on Tuesdays.) however, there is usually casual drinking going on at any given point. On any given weekend, there are always frat parties, apartment parties, and people willing to go off campus, but there isn't much pressure on you go to out if you feel like you have to stay in and study or catch up on sleep.
  • TheWishTheWish Registered User Posts: 129 Junior Member
    Emory doesn't have a major party scene. If you want to party, there's much to do around the city of Atlanta.
This discussion has been closed.