Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance me 2019!

2»

Replies to: Chance me 2019!

• aluminum_boataluminum_boat Registered User Posts: 1,539 Senior Member
    If you get scholars, it's a no brainer. You should come here and pick up a double major in math and NBB. Start at Math 211 and work your way up. Use scholars to take the best math professors and base your classes on which professors are teaching when. Take NBB and a couple Chem courses too.

If I could do Emory over, I'd have done NBB and Math. And gone for the partial scholarship from being a Scholar semifinalist.

As for your Scholar chances, I see you getting an interview. Whether you get it depends on how you articulate yourself then. In my opinion, I think you need to stress the piano playing you do. Not what you do as much as show a genuine interest in why you do it.

If you're from Mississippi and apply RD, you have a better shot Imo. But that's a guess.

I don't think it's demonstrated interest. I think demonstrated interest, while good in theory, isn't good in application. Everyone fakes it.

The only demonstrated interest for a school of this caliber is ED
  • Mathandmusic914Mathandmusic914 Registered User Posts: 77 Junior Member
    Thanks for the advice. I've definitely been thinking about the "why" with piano as well.

After all this talk, I can't wait to visit in April! I'm looking forward to checking out Wonderful Wednesday :)
2»
This discussion has been closed.