Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Emory Scholars Update?

2»

Replies to: Emory Scholars Update?

• CavmomCavmom Registered User Posts: 135 Junior Member
    Does anyone know if notification is through the mail or through the portal?
  • gsckmomgsckmom Registered User Posts: 65 Junior Member
    Two years ago, my daughter was invited to attend and received her notification by mail.
  • murphy1008murphy1008 Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
    @jkim27

My question was not regarding my D's admissions to Emory. She applied RD so if she wasn't a candidate for the Scholars program, she would go into the RD pool. I wanted to know if Emory would notify her if she wasn't considered for the Scholars program but thanks, you seemed to clear it up.
  • desie1desie1 Registered User Posts: 901 Member
    Did anyone hear how the Oxford Scholars weekend went?
  • tropicalslushiestropicalslushies Registered User Posts: 397 Member
    @desie1
    I attended the weekend and it was great. I really learned a lot about Oxford and met a bunch of awesome current students and scholars.
    Great to hear! Do you know when you will hear back about the amount of scholarship money? How many seniors were invited? How were the interviews? My daughter is going for Emory Scholars.
  • tropicalslushiestropicalslushies Registered User Posts: 397 Member
    They said we will hear back in mid to late March. 85 seniors were invited and I believe that 66 attended. The individual interview was fine. There were no set questions, the interviewer just adjusted as the conversation flowed. The group interview was a bit intimidating. They asked a general and debatable question (What is cultural diversity and why is it important?) and just let us voice our opinions. There were about 13 students and it lasted for about 1 and a half hours. It felt long!

Good luck to your daughter!
    Thanks so much for the information tropicalslushies! It's very helpful for the upcoming Emory Scholars event. Good luck to you - I hope you get lot of free money!
2»
This discussion has been closed.