Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
t2018gradt2018grad Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Emory is my dream school and I applied to ED2. I am just extremely nervous about getting accepted because some of my stats are a bit low. Does applying ED2 and being a legacy (mother attended) help any?

ACT: 30
GPA: uw: 3.6 w:4.4 (upward trend through junior year, and senior year I've gotten all A's so far)
My common app essay talks a bit about why my freshman year grades were not as great as I'd hope (illness)

I've only taken very challenging courses (AP and Dual Enrollment college courses)
Been on the swim team since I was 8.

Also, I feel that my writing supplements are the best writings that I've ever written. I did a lot of research about the school and have visited before.

Replies to: Ed2?

• OddKid26OddKid26 Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    I'm also an applicant and I think you have a good shot..your stats are better than mine. Well your test score is. The legacy will help you too I think. Good luck :). Decisions come out next week.
This discussion has been closed.