Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Emory's JD/MBA Program

LanessaLanessa Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
edited January 2014 in Emory University
If I want to enroll into the JD/MBA Program, how would I do it? Do I apply as a freshman then apply to the law and business school separately? Do I start my sophomore or junior year? If I can apply for this program my freshman year can I do this if I am at Oxford college? Anyone with any type of knowledge of this program's restrictions, please let me know.
Post edited by Lanessa on

Replies to: Emory's JD/MBA Program

• aigiqinfaigiqinf Registered User Posts: 4,032 Senior Member
    The JD/MBA program is a dual-degree graduate program. You would apply your senior year, regardless of whether you started at Oxford or whether attended another university altogether for undergraduate studies.
  • LanessaLanessa Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Thanks. And could you also tell me the major difference between Oxford and Emory academically and socially?
    Oxford, GA is in a rural setting and has 900 students total, all of whom are either freshmen or sophomores. Oxford is a liberal arts intensive environment, quite different than the research-intensive environment at the Atlanta campus. Graduate students don't teach courses at Oxford, nor do they TA.

While Oxford and the College have similar average class sizes, Oxford has small intro classes, while the College has larger freshman/sophomore classes and small junior/senior classes--going to Oxford, you get the best of both worlds.

Socially, more students at the Atlanta campus are from NY, MA, NJ, and China. The Atlanta campus is also large enough for you to sort of "find your own people" and never have to really interact with others. At Oxford, you live on the quad and you're forced to form meaningful friendships with people from completely different backgrounds.
  • LanessaLanessa Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    You requested me to Oxford college about two weeks ago based on my stats, but could you tell me what my chances are for getting accepted there?
    Private Messaged.
This discussion has been closed.