So when I got wait listed, I only read the first couple sentences saying I didn't get in and figured I got flat out rejected. On around April 30th I got an email saying I had missed the deadline to get onto the wait list but was being offered an extension. I took a spot on the wait list and sent the admissions officers 2 e-mails within 2 weeks updating them on recent achievements, explaining my mistake, and expressing my interest. I visited campus because I happened to be in the area.
Basic stats about me:
- 2050 sats (690m, 680r, 680wr)
- 3.92 GPA (unweighted) 3 APs junior year, 4 APs senior year, the rest honors
- Ranked 3 out of 169 in an noncompetitive school
- decent essays/recs probably didnt carry me but definitely didn't hurt
- amazing ECs, filled up all 10, lots of leadership (class pres., DECA vicepres, captain of soccer and tennis, NHS pres, ect.)
- Caucasian, from CT, but not rich CT