Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Emory Class of 2019 ED 2

2»

Replies to: Emory Class of 2019 ED 2

• bbccjj1bbccjj1 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know the exact date/time we will be finding out? Has anyone received any emails about this? I haven't gotten any emails about being an ED ii applicant so I was worried something went wrong.
  • cornellapp2015cornellapp2015 Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
    Wow, considering changing from ED2 to RD after reading that information. Am I wrong in seeing no advantage in terms of admissions to applying Early Decision 2?
  • Emory2019Emory2019 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    there's definitely still an advantage to applying EDII. The EDII pool will be less competitive than the RD pool as there are many more applicant for RD. So, you'll stand out more for EDII and have a better chance of getting in. You have high stats and they are not going to want to wonder if you will accept. EDII is binding so they will like that. But that's just my two cents.
    Thanks, and I appreciate the advice. It just sucks that they don't admit more people from ED2... such a small number accepted from a pool of people willing to use a binding admission plan
    I know it really does suck the whole waiting thing. But you'll know soon enough! jysy another factor to consider..:.if you change your app from EDII to RD emory might see that as a reason not to accept you because you've changed. You'd have to be very careful how you worded that email. I really think it's best to stay in the same pool. You'll most likely know Friday too.
    @Emory2019‌ Yeah I see what you mean. And Friday? I thought decisions came out on Sunday?
    Judging by past history it will most likely be Friday. Emory makes a whole big day of releasing the decisions and I highly doubt they will want to come in on a Sunday. Last year during ED1 they did it early. You can check out their blog. Just google emory admissions blog
    Yeah you're right, it was just posted today on their blog that decisions will be released on Thursday... that'll make for an interesting president's day weekend
  • wilshire1wilshire1 Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    The way I read Emory's website information the options for ED II are acceptance / waitlist / deny (vs. ED I which had an option for moving the application to RD) So, if not accepted ED II you are NOT deferred and reviewed again the RD pool You are either waitlisted until after all the RD decisions made and acceptances received or denied -no second look with the RD pool Is that how anyone else understands it?
  • friday28friday28 Registered User Posts: 58 Junior Member
    Yes. I think that's common for ED2 schools.
  • vibgyor95vibgyor95 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    so who got in??
    YAY ! I was accepted. So very, very happy and excited to be attending Emory in the Fall !
  • vibgyor95vibgyor95 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    @wilshire1 what was your profile?? are you international?
    No, i'm not international - profile has been posted on the ED II decision thread
2»
This discussion has been closed.