Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

******EMORY UNIVERSITY RD 2019 thread*****

Replies to: ******EMORY UNIVERSITY RD 2019 thread*****

• YokennyrYokennyr Registered User Posts: 76 Junior Member
    Hmm...just speculating but it sounds like you might have been accepted to Oxford. That's what I'd be thinking, but I'd hold my excitement until I knew more.
  • ews761ews761 Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    yes, I'm definitely holding any excitement.......would anyone mind checking their financial aid to do list in opus - especially if you applied to both campuses - and telling me what it says in your Additional Information column -- mine says "Undergraduate Oxford" in every row, including the completed items like the Profile and FAFSA. Thanks.
  • NewportHSSeniorNewportHSSenior Registered User Posts: 70 Junior Member
    @ews761 I checked my OPUS account and I only applied to Emory and under my Additional Information it does list Emory University in every row but not Undergraduate Emory. Don't know if that means anything!
  • lisaollisaol Registered User Posts: 300 Member
    Where does it say additional information? I dont see it. @ews761 and NewportHSSenior
  • lisaollisaol Registered User Posts: 300 Member
    ok, found it but it just says Emory
  • wldb15wldb15 Registered User Posts: 271 Junior Member
    Wait.. What's OPUS?
    Oh never mind
    Where does it say additional information?
  • tdd2015tdd2015 Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    Just checked daughter's account, it's been a while. There seems to be an extreme amount of tabs, I don't know if they've always been there.Does everyone have tabs for account history (our balance says $0), links for housing/dining, browse course catalogs etc. Nothing happens when we try to access these links, but they are there. Does everyone have these?
    @NewportHSSenior‌ & @lisaol‌ -- thanks for the info. lisaol, did you apply to both schools or only Emory, and did the additional information column say "Emory", or did it say "Emory University" like NewportHSSenior's did?

@wldb15‌ -- sign in to your Emory opus account, and it will default to a big "Student Center" interface; look for the box "To Do List" on the right and click [details] ; assuming you applied for financial aid, this will open up a table listing the financial aid items you have sent in (or are still missing) -- one of the columns in this table is titled "Additional Information" -- last month mine was all blank, now every line says "Undergraduate Oxford"

Also of note, I sent in three items financial just yesterday afternoon, and even though it warns it will take 7 or 8 days to get updated in the system, today my file shows complete.
    @ews761‌ Oh so if I didn't apply for financial aid, does it mean that I wouldn't see the "additional information"?
    probably not, all of my to do list regards financial aid items.

@tdd2015 -- I've always had a similar array of tabs and links, I don't think it means anything.
  • rtunnel97rtunnel97 Registered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
    I applied to both schools are all of my financial aid documents are listed as Emory University.
  • EpicorangeninjaEpicorangeninja Registered User Posts: 190 Junior Member
    Okay, we still haven't had a real answer for this, when are decisions likely to come out?
  • leahleahleahleah Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
    @Epicorangeninja‌ it says "by 4/1" so I'm guessing it'll come out when all ivies come out..
This discussion has been closed.